• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pictures of Highest Graded Comics?
1 1

65 posts in this topic

Ok so I'm new to this...

I just started looking through Heritages Archives....

and what I'm wondering is, Is there A site out there that Has Pictures of The Highest Graded KNOWN Key issuies ?

like I just found out, CGC has listed there is 1 Hulk 181(9.9) out there.....surely collectors would want to least see a picture of it.

It also reports there are 2 Amazing Spider-Man #1 9.8's out there...

has anyone ever made a site With Pictures of The Highest Graded KNOWN Key Issues ?

I Would Love to see Pictures the "The 1" (9.9)Hulk 181

Or "The 1" (9.8) Fantastic Four #1

or "The 2" (9.8)Amazing Spider-Man #1

It seems like a good idea and someone would of thought of it by now, to make a site where you can see Pictures of The Highest Graded KNOWN Keys...are there any sites like that out there?

1 hour ago, billbrown7080 said:

Ok so I'm new to this...

I just started looking through Heritages Archives....

and what I'm wondering is, Is there A site out there that Has Pictures of The Highest Graded KNOWN Key issuies ?

like I just found out, CGC has listed there is 1 Hulk 181(9.9) out there.....surely collectors would want to least see a picture of it.

It also reports there are 2 Amazing Spider-Man #1 9.8's out there...

has anyone ever made a site With Pictures of The Highest Graded KNOWN Key Issues ?

I Would Love to see Pictures the "The 1" (9.9)Hulk 181

Or "The 1" (9.8) Fantastic Four #1

or "The 2" (9.8)Amazing Spider-Man #1

It seems like a good idea and someone would of thought of it by now, to make a site where you can see Pictures of The Highest Graded KNOWN Keys...are there any sites like that out there?

There's this new thing called Google. You should try it.

9 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

There's this new thing called Google. You should try it.

I've never seen a post backfire more than this...

because Ironically the exact thing your telling me to "Try"....You should have "TRIED" before acting like a smartass...

of course the first thing I did after learning There was "1"....9.9 Hulk 181 was Google it to see if there were pictures, sites or articles. and of course there werent.

I also Googled Amazing Spider-Man #1 9.8...and Amazing Spider-Man #1 Highest Graded....again Nothing...

so It the ultimate EPIC FAIL....Had you actually taken the time to Google it(like you told me)....You would have seen there are no pictures of these comics online(or at least that I could find)...You would have then saved yourself the embarrassment of Ironically being GUILTY of exactly what you tried accusing me of.

Had you GOOGLED IT....you would have seen "Hmmmm...There really arent pictures of these comics, No wonfder he made this thread"

Believe me, I only made this post because I tried hard to find pics of these RARE comics....If it was as easy as "Googling it" this post wouldnt exist.

21 minutes ago, billbrown7080 said:

I've never seen a post backfire more than this...

because Ironically the exact thing your telling me to "Try"....You should have "TRIED" before acting like a smartass...

of course the first thing I did after learning There was "1"....9.9 Hulk 181 was Google it to see if there were pictures, sites or articles. and of course there werent.

I also Googled Amazing Spider-Man #1 9.8...and Amazing Spider-Man #1 Highest Graded....again Nothing...

so It the ultimate EPIC FAIL....Had you actually taken the time to Google it(like you told me)....You would have seen there are no pictures of these comics online(or at least that I could find)...You would have then saved yourself the embarrassment of Ironically being GUILTY of exactly what you tried accusing me of.

Had you GOOGLED IT....you would have seen "Hmmmm...There really arent pictures of these comics, No wonfder he made this thread"

Believe me, I only made this post because I tried hard to find pics of these RARE comics....If it was as easy as "Googling it" this post wouldnt exist.

Your post sure did backfire.

If there were no pictures of the 9.9 181, everyone (except you) wouldn't know that it isn't really a 9.9 (anymore) because it was clearly damaged in the slab.

VintageComics has probably seen pictures of everything you're looking for right now.

2 hours ago, billbrown7080 said:

I agree that it would be a fun site but how would the site acquire these pics ? I'm sure many of these books were submitted by personal collectors that want to keep the books private.

Have you checked out the Registry feature of the boards? Auction houses historical sales pages usually promote and market these types of transactions. Doubt they have been compiled in one site due to ownership/copyright/privacy issues.

52 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

See above, census shows no FF1 in 9.8 .

Only one ASM #1 in 9.8 .

I was going by what Heritage Listed...

When you look up ASM#1 at the bottom under CGC Census Report it shows 2 CGC graded 9.8 ASM 1's and A FF1 9.8

https://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/the-amazing-spider-man-1-marvel-1963-cgc-fn-60-off-white-to-white-pages/p/7204-60002.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

^ Under CGC Census Report it says there is 1 Universal 9.8 and 1 Signature Series 9.8

https://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/fantastic-four-1-marvel-1961-cgc-vg-40-off-white-to-white-pages/a/121844-11414.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

^^ Under CGC Census Report it says there is 1 Signature Series 9.8

But I'm in no way claiming that I'm right...Im sure your site is more accurate...I just wanted you to know I wasnt making it up...

maybe Heritage is outdated or something...

1 hour ago, Bomber-Bob said:

I agree that it would be a fun site but how would the site acquire these pics ? I'm sure many of these books were submitted by personal collectors that want to keep the books private.

I dont know, again I'm not your typical collector, I truly know nothing about the Business...

but I always figured that The company that Graded the book would want to take Pictures of it...I Mean I'm sure When/If A HULK 181 camein, they grade it, realize its a 9.9 and then know its the highest Recorded copy ever, I figured They would take pictures of it,The Bosses would want to see it...stuff like that.

I thought someone who started a site might just need to contact the Graded company who did the RECORD grading and they would have pictures of the Record breaking books.

but now that I think about it, maybe its a privacy thing....Maybe The Grading company couldnt give out pics...Or Maybe The person who owned the book wouldnt give permission.

Theres got to be pics though...I cant imagine A grading company getting the highest recorded FF1 come in and they dont take pictures once they grade it and realize its a record breaker.

9 minutes ago, billbrown7080 said:

When you look up ASM#1 at the bottom under CGC Census Report it shows 2 CGC graded 9.8 ASM 1's and A FF1 9.8

https://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/the-amazing-spider-man-1-marvel-1963-cgc-fn-60-off-white-to-white-pages/p/7204-60002.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

^ Under CGC Census Report it says there is 1 Universal 9.8 and 1 Signature Series 9.8

https://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/fantastic-four-1-marvel-1961-cgc-vg-40-off-white-to-white-pages/a/121844-11414.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

But I'm in no way claiming that I'm right...Im sure your site is more accurate...I just wanted you to know I wasnt making it up...

I acknowledge your reference. It's like Heritage has added one SS 9.8 to both books. I can't imagine someone would actually get an FF1 or ASM1 in 9.8 signed, that's crazy. BTW, my reference is the CGC website census. Heritage must be wrong or perhaps outdated. (shrug)

2 minutes ago, billbrown7080 said:

I dont know, again I'm not your typical collector, I truly know nothing about the Business...

but I always figured that The company that Graded the book would want to take Pictures of it...I Mean I'm sure When/If A HULK 181 camein, they grade it, realize its a 9.9 and then know its the highest Recorded copy ever, I figured They would take pictures of it,The Bosses would want to see it...stuff like that.

I thought someone who started a site might just need to contact the Graded company who did the RECORD grading and they would have pictures of the Record breaking books.

but now that I think about it, maybe its a privacy thing....Maybe The Grading company couldnt give out pics...Or Maybe The person who owned the book wouldnt give permission.

Theres got to be pics though...I cant imagine A grading company getting the highest recorded FF1 come in and they dont take pictures once they grade it and realize its a record breaker.

I thought CGC, for insurance reasons, takes a picture of all Walkthrough Tier books, something these must have been submitted under. I would hope CGC does not make these pics public domain. Maybe nobody ever asked for the pics? (shrug) HA may be the only auction house to warehouse pics of past sales and probably do so only to promote their make an offer program.

Just now, Bomber-Bob said:

I acknowledge your reference. It's like Heritage has added one SS 9.8 to both books. I can't imagine someone would actually get an FF1 or ASM1 in 9.8 signed, that's crazy. BTW, my reference is the CGC website census. Heritage must be wrong or perhaps outdated. (shrug)

completely agree...

I'm new, but know enough to know CGC's website is right....

do you have to pay money to look up the info you just looked up, like buy a subscription or is it part of the free account?

4 minutes ago, billbrown7080 said:

The grading companies don't care about that.

But CGC does have a gallery, which is not based on grade.

44 minutes ago, billbrown7080 said:

completely agree...

I'm new, but know enough to know CGC's website is right....

do you have to pay money to look up the info you just looked up, like buy a subscription or is it part of the free account?

It's free. It's on the main menu of the website under an option called Census, you can see it in my screenshot. No signon required.

1 hour ago, billbrown7080 said:

I thought CGC, for insurance reasons, takes a picture of all Walkthrough Tier books, something these must have been submitted under. I would hope CGC does not make these pics public domain. Maybe nobody ever asked for the pics? (shrug) HA may be the only auction house to warehouse pics of past sales and probably do so only to promote their make an offer program.

I believe Heritage included scans of sold books many years before they started their make an offer program...  Although probably not as well known, ComicConnect actually has historical sale info including pics / scans as well; hit the sold items link on the left hand side mid way down on their home page...

2 hours ago, billbrown7080 said:

I just looked up the HA CGC census vs actual CGC census as of right now for ASM 1, and it looks like they match exactly except for 1 SS 9.8 on HA that isn't in the actual census. I suspect it may have been on the actual CGC census not too long ago when HA captured the info for that listing, but CGC recognized that it was an ASM #1 from a later ASM series (when they started the number over back at #1), and that they corrected the census accordingly. Likely the same explanation for FF #1... just my 2 cents...