• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Calgary Expo - April 25-28, 2019
3 3

226 posts in this topic

From a seller standpoint, this has been a nice show compared to the last two. Lots of pre-show buying on Wednesday between dealers and sales have been steady so far the first two days. Saturday and Sunday until 2:00 pm are typically the busiest days so hopefully things hold the rest of the way.

5 hours ago, joeypost said:

that would be Darth Joey. 

Try to visit painter Joe Jusko and other comic artist/inkers in the Big 4 Bldg for sigs, as I heard they did not have a line up. Guess fans lining up for Avengers: End Game movie or shopping in main Calgary expo hall first. Hope you and greggy were able to score some choice comics. Mister Woo almost hit 3 deer/caribou outside of Golden on his drive home to Vancouver, BC.

Strange marketing: 'First app. of your mom.' Enjoy the 20 cm of snow this weekend. Watch out for the high winds, and don't accidentally put 1 of Andy thirdgreenham's orange color coded CGC slab boxes into the Clobberin' Time van. ha ha. :luhv:

12 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

Strange marketing: 'First app. of your mom.' Enjoy the 20 cm of snow this weekend. Watch out for the high winds, and don't accidentally put 1 of Andy thirdgreenham's orange color coded CGC slab boxes into the Clobberin' Time van. ha ha. :luhv:

I had a guy ask me if I had the first appearance of your Mom.

On 4/27/2019 at 7:01 PM, kimik said:

And some unscrupulous boardies were trying too hard to sell their books today (check out the yellow stickies). Not sure I agree with their tactics or how well they worked........

AB6D4D9C-10D1-4268-B035-33595C57DA28.thumb.jpeg.99ad4ee032b2f5a9974589288674315c.jpeg

sold the Avenging Spider-Man so phooey on you.

Home after a long travel day yesterday. Missed my connection because it took the Calgary ground crew two hours to de-ice our plane. Had a nice 5 hour layover In Minneapolis. 

While lthere were fewer comic dealers this year I went to my normal sources and had a good show. 

Edited by joeypost

3 hour drive home after taking down our booth.  Tired.  Sales of little stuff was down.  Sold fair number of keys and expensive books.  Overall we did pretty well.

Sure nice hanging with thirdgreenham, kimik, Wayne, 500club, artboy, greggy, joey, fantasticthor, piper, Josh, and a few others I'm probably forgetting.  It's the people we hang out with that make this show so much fun.

Funny story. 

Noticed one of my regular buyers trapped in a conversation with someone that, well, let's be honest, talks non-stop about himself.  Went over and inserted myself into the conversation and give him a chance to escape.  Buyer thanked me later and said he just couldn't get away from that guy and he called him a FIGJAM which stands for "F I'm Good, Just Ask Me"  lol 

Edited by thehumantorch