• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Calgary Expo - April 25-28, 2019
3 3

226 posts in this topic

Here's the comics guest list for Calgary Expo, in Alphabetical order. You might see some names on it that are new. 

Attila Adorjany
Verne Andru
Peter Bagge
Kristen Baker
S.M. Beiko
Nick Bradshaw
Laurie B!
Ed Brisson
Micaela Dawn
John Delaney
Max Dunbar
Sweeney Boo
Spencer Estabrooks
Derek Evernden
Ray Fawkes
Alexander Finbow
John Fleming
John Gallagher
Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez 
Scott Hepburn 
Francisco Herrera
Tarol Hunt
Greg Hyland
Hilary Jenkins
Tyler Jenkins
Nat Jones
Wordburglar
Joe Jusko
Chase Kantor
Matt Kindt
Leonard Kirk
Scott Kowalchuk
Mike Krome
Adam Kubert
Ken Lashley
Tim Lasiuta
Leo Leibelman
Courtney Loberg
Aaron Lopresti
Ed Lukowich
Karly MacDonald
Ash Maczko
Jeff Martin
Michael McAdam
Dawn McTeigue
George Michail
Djibril Morissette-Phan
David Nakayama 
Renee Nault
Hope Nicholson
Phil Noto
Whilce Portacio
Amy Pronovost
Hugh Rookwood
Mike Sass
Daniel J. Schneider
Kim Smith
Ken Steacy
Craig A. Taillefer
Kelly Tindall
Collette Turner
Sho Uehara
Michael Walsh
Ashley Witter
Colin Work
Eric Zawadzki
Jim Zub

Cancelled: Craig Rousseau, Michael Cho, Jeremy Simser, Mark Irwin. Bill McKay, J. Scott Campbell

Edited by Kevin Boyd

CALGARY EXPO CGC SIGNATURE SERIES YELLOW LABEL PRICING IS HERE!!!

Prices as follows:

Modern Signature comic books (1975 or newer, less than $200) --- $65.00

Comic Books (1974 and older less than 200) --- $75.00

Comic Books (valued over $400) --- $85.00

Magazine 1975 and newer --- $70.00

Magazines 1974 and older --- $85.00

**** Note: All prices are in CAD $. Creators and celebrities may have a CGC witnessing charge in addition to the SCC charges ****

These prices include shipping down to CGC and back to Calgary. This also includes the witnessing fees and CGC handling fees.

Books submitted under our CGC account will be returned to SCC store in Calgary. If you are from out of town and need to have the books

delivered back to you after they have been graded, the shipping charges will be added and it will vary based on where it is delivered to.

There is a $5.00 cracking fee ( i.e., If you have a book that is encapsulated already and need to take it out).

All books that are to be signed, are to be window bagged. If you need window bagging, there is a $5.00 fee if it is given to us prior to the Expo. If the book is dropped off at the Expo, the fee is $10.00.

You may use your own CGC account, there will be a $15.00 surcharge for postage, processing and witnessing.

If you need your books pressed, we will need to have the books ASAP!! We will not be able to press books the weekend of the Expo

and the books will need to be sent off to CGC right after the show. Standard pressing charges apply.

Every client's requirements may be different, please free to contact us at
+1 (403) 800-1669, or email sales@saddlecitycomics.com and we answer all your questions directly.

Stay tuned for detailed instructions on how to submit books at the Calgary Expo.

Thanks,
SCC Team.

Here’s the announcement:

Due to professional commitments, J. Scott Campbell must cancel his Calgary Expo appearance. If you purchased a Premium or Ultra J. Scott Campbell Experience, your Specially Ticketed Event ticket will automatically be refunded today.

38 minutes ago, Kevin Boyd said:

Here’s the announcement:

Due to professional commitments, J. Scott Campbell must cancel his Calgary Expo appearance. If you purchased a Premium or Ultra J. Scott Campbell Experience, your Specially Ticketed Event ticket will automatically be refunded today.

Ugh, he was the only big name comic draw

2 hours ago, thehumantorch said:

Ugh, he was the only big name comic draw

Adam Kubert

Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez

Whilce Portacio

Ken Lashley

Nick Bradshaw

Joe Jusko

I can go on.... but seriously? Only big name comic draw?

Edited by Kevin Boyd

1 hour ago, Kevin Boyd said:

Adam Kubert

Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez

Whilce Portacio

Ken Lashley

Nick Bradshaw

Joe Jusko

:sorry: All good creators but not a draw like Campbell.

Edited by thehumantorch

This special foil variant cover reprint of Batman #1 (1940), celebrating Batman's 80th anniversary year is set to debut at the Calgary Expo later this month. Artwork is by fan-favourite artist Gabrielle Dell'Otto.

For more information on show exclusives including special variants of War of the Realms #1 and Symbiote Spider-Man #1 please visit https://www.calgaryexpo.com/en/shop/exclusive-merch.html

Batman 1 - Calgary front cover.jpg

Edited by Kevin Boyd

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 4:16 PM, Kevin Boyd said:

Adam Kubert

Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez

Whilce Portacio

Ken Lashley

Nick Bradshaw

Joe Jusko

Big names?  Yes.  Comic draws?  I dunno - will we see anyone who tells us, yeah, I came because (insert above name) is here. (shrug)

You need a tentpole name.

I'm not disagreeing about the tentpole name thing, but that's from a marketing standpoint. I'm talking about from a fan and a collector perspective, there's a lot of meat there if you read and buy comics, and there's a variety of different creators from different backgrounds. 

It sucks to have JSC back out on you a couple of weeks in advance, Kevin. I can imagine how much work/time you had to put in to get him. :sorry:

That being said, as people above have noted, the other names will not draw the attention from fans/collectors here as they are 1) not as well known and/or 2) have been here recently (e.g. Jusko). At the first three one-day shows of the year in March, the only artist collectors were excited to see were JSC. Nobody else was mentioned, other than a couple of collectors wishing it was Andy instead of Adam coming to the show. 

Edited by kimik

1 hour ago, Kevin Boyd said:

This special foil variant cover reprint of Batman #1 (1940), celebrating Batman's 80th anniversary year is set to debut at the Calgary Expo later this month. Artwork is by fan-favourite artist Gabrielle Dell'Otto.

For more information on show exclusives including special variants of War of the Realms #1 and Symbiote Spider-Man #1 please visit https://www.calgaryexpo.com/en/shop/exclusive-merch.html

Batman 1 - Calgary front cover.jpg

This looks awesome. I will need to pick a couple up for my Batman collection.

On 4/4/2019 at 10:33 PM, SaddleCityComics said:

CALGARY EXPO CGC SIGNATURE SERIES YELLOW LABEL PRICING IS HERE!!!

Prices as follows:

Modern Signature comic books (1975 or newer, less than $200) --- $65.00

Comic Books (1974 and older less than 200) --- $75.00

Comic Books (valued over $400) --- $85.00

Magazine 1975 and newer --- $70.00

Magazines 1974 and older --- $85.00

**** Note: All prices are in CAD $. Creators and celebrities may have a CGC witnessing charge in addition to the SCC charges ****

These prices include shipping down to CGC and back to Calgary. This also includes the witnessing fees and CGC handling fees.

Books submitted under our CGC account will be returned to SCC store in Calgary. If you are from out of town and need to have the books

delivered back to you after they have been graded, the shipping charges will be added and it will vary based on where it is delivered to.

There is a $5.00 cracking fee ( i.e., If you have a book that is encapsulated already and need to take it out).

All books that are to be signed, are to be window bagged. If you need window bagging, there is a $5.00 fee if it is given to us prior to the Expo. If the book is dropped off at the Expo, the fee is $10.00.

You may use your own CGC account, there will be a $15.00 surcharge for postage, processing and witnessing.

If you need your books pressed, we will need to have the books ASAP!! We will not be able to press books the weekend of the Expo

and the books will need to be sent off to CGC right after the show. Standard pressing charges apply.

Every client's requirements may be different, please free to contact us at
+1 (403) 800-1669, or email sales@saddlecitycomics.com and we answer all your questions directly.

Stay tuned for detailed instructions on how to submit books at the Calgary Expo.

Thanks,
SCC Team.

Are these only for Signature Series Books, or are you accepting regular submissions as well?