• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fan Expo Dallas - May 3-5, 2019
3 3

199 posts in this topic

I’ve heard that Byrne will only sign his current project, which I believe is a Star Trek graphic novel. No exceptions. Maybe/hopefully this changes, but I’m skeptical it will. 

Edited by mysterio

12 minutes ago, mysterio said:

I’ve heard that Byrne will only sign his current project, which I believe is a Star Trek graphic novel. No exceptions. Maybe/hopefully this changes, but I’m skeptical it will. 

I pm'd comicsketchart.com that is what they assume too, and no signature series .....

35 minutes ago, mysterio said:

That kind of sucks . . . . I mean you bring in a great legend

1 hour ago, mysterio said:

Wrong. We had him at two shows last year. He signed everything, but he has rules like no duplicates, and a limit. This only signs Star Trek is completely false, it was a rule applied to some signings he did at Star Trek Shows in 2016.

Edited by Kevin Boyd

2 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Will John Byrne be limiting what he signs? or lottery? or etc? I click on his profile... https://www.fanexpodallas.com/en/guests/comic-creators.html#anchor2_anchorlinks_8e733cf0-c0e3-4712-9b02-e984c985c16c_par_page_column_control_7652206601_par-col-1_anchorlinks at the Fan Expo site, but it says that it is still updating (shrug) 

I’ll look into it.

he has rules he applies at the show but signs anything he worked on, just no duplicates - there will be a special package announced next week 

Edited by Kevin Boyd

@Kevin Boyd

In doing some research and looking at various forums it looks as though some attendees noted that he will only sign certain items, has a limit, or will not allow signatures to be witness hence grade.  There seems to be some variation between some of these accounts.  That said is there anyway you could confirm what the "rules" will be for him.

I will becoming down for this con from the Kansas City area to attend this con so it would be nice to know beforehand so I can plan accordingly.

In Toronto and Boston it was no duplicates, no items for grading, black sharpie, and he must have worked on the item. An example of a no - Someone brought him an X-Men DVD to sign.

He doesn’t sign items in window bags, they have to be out. 

Otherwise he signed anything he had worked on.

1 hour ago, Kevin Boyd said:

In Toronto and Boston it was no duplicates, no items for grading, black sharpie, and he must have worked on the item. An example of a no - Someone brought him an X-Men DVD to sign.

He doesn’t sign items in window bags, they have to be out. 

Otherwise he signed anything he had worked on.

Signature series is what I'd be interested in just fyi, but sounds like that's iffy, could you be 100% positive before packages? Although I'm sure rules will be laid out clearly, yellow label should be on the table at least hopefully, but want that stated specifically...

It'll probably cost an arm and a leg I'm sure, but :foryou:

3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Signature series is what I'd be interested in just fyi, but sounds like that's iffy, could you be 100% positive before packages? Although I'm sure rules will be laid out clearly, yellow label should be on the table at least hopefully, but want that stated specifically...

It'll probably cost an arm and a leg I'm sure, but :foryou:

He is 100% opposed to grading comics, it’s not on the table. 

Fan Expo Dallas is a pop culture show, so they invite guests from all sorts of different areas to appeal to all sorts of different fandoms. There has been a very positive reception to these types of cast reunions in the past here and at other events, so they think this will appeal to people who are fans of the show. 

Will Friedle was the voice of Terry McGinnis/Batman on Batman Beyond, so it's not like there's zero crossover here.

Edited by Kevin Boyd

On 2/4/2019 at 2:54 PM, Kevin Boyd said:

So we finalized who is going to lead off the comics announcements. Going to be at least two batches of comic guests announcements and the headliner for the first is pretty fantastic, in my opinion. Making his only 2019 appearance.

Could the second list of announcements be as soon as this week? :shy: :foryou: