• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fan Expo Dallas - May 3-5, 2019
3 3

199 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Kevin Boyd said:

Mahnke sketch packages were close to being sold out earlier today, if you want one, act fast.

Will the sketch really be as shown on the website or will it be just a headshot?

Edited by mtaing

Draw your bow, run fast, and don't get bitten, because we've got a CW crossover event coming to Fan Expo Dallas: Arrow's John Barrowman, The Flash's Danielle Panabaker, and iZombie's Rose McIver are joining the 2019 lineup! 

53615600_2601398123267271_4952395070960566272_n.jpg

We are celebrating 90 years of Mickey Mouse with these amazing limited edition collectibles available only at Fan Expo Events! Get the Ultra Rare Gold Edition with your VIP Package, the Very Limited Black and White Edition with a Premium Package, or the Limited Edition Color Exclusive available at the Fan Expo Dallas store, the choice is yours!

54437207_2604653629608387_1497595980185337856_n.jpg

Here's the full comics guest list for Fan Expo Dallas as it stands today. A few names need to be added to the website and will be in the near future.

FAN EXPO DALLAS
MAY 3-5, 2019

FULL NAME

JIM LEE
JOHN BYRNE

ED BRISSON
DONNY CATES
JIM CHEUNG
PATRICK GLEASON
TYLER KIRKHAM
KEN LASHLEY
JAE LEE
DOUG MAHNKE
CLAY MANN
ED MCGUINNESS
HUMBERTO RAMOS
MATTHEW ROSENBERG
STEVE RUDE
CHRIS RYALL
RYAN STEGMAN
PETER TOMASI
MIKE ZECK

BRETT BOOTH
SCOTT HANNA
FRANCISCO HERRERA
MEGAN HUTCHISON
ANDY KUHN
JAMES C. MULLIGAN
BRENT PEEPLES
STEPHANE ROUX
JOE RUBINSTEIN
FRANK TIERI
JAMES TYNION IV
ROBERT WILSON IV

PATRICIA BUCHANAM
DIANITA CERON
JEREMY CLARK
ELIAMARIA M. CRAWFORD
ANDREW DALHOUSE
SAM DE LA ROSA
DAVID DEGRAND
MICHAEL DOONEY
DUSK STUDIOS
LHARS EBERSOLD
NICK FILARDI
MOHAMMAD JILANI
RYAN KINCAID
CREEES
ANDREW MANGUM
BILL MCKAY
JASON METCALF
MOSTAFA MOUSSA
SHONUFF STUDIOS
BENNY POWELL
LAWRENCE REYNOLDS
RICHARD RIVERA
KHALID ROBERTSON
DAVID ANGELO ROMAN
EMILY ROSE
BRIAN SEATON
MARLIN SHOOP
MATTHEW WARLICK

Brace yourself, because here comes the Lasso of Truth! In an ultra-rare appearance, Lynda Carter, the original Wonder Woman, will be appearing at Fan Expo Dallas for a very special event. Tickets go on sale 10am Friday 29th https://www.fanexpodallas.com/en/buy-tickets/admission.html

54435453_2632146603525756_318059697116545024_n.jpg

Updated - Final Comics Guest list for Fan Expo Dallas, May 3-5

GUESTS OF HONOR
JIM LEE
JOHN BYRNE

FEATURED GUESTS
DOUG MAHNKE
PETER TOMASI
DONNY CATES
JIM CHEUNG
CLAYTON CRAIN
PATRICK GLEASON
TYLER KIRKHAM
KEN LASHLEY
JAE LEE
CLAY MANN
ED MCGUINNESS
HUMBERTO RAMOS
MATTHEW ROSENBERG
STEVE RUDE
CHRIS RYALL
RYAN STEGMAN
JAMES TYNION IV
SCOTT WILLIAMS
MIKE ZECK

SPECIAL GUESTS
BRETT BOOTH
ED BRISSON
SCOTT HANNA
FRANCISCO HERRERA
MEGAN HUTCHISON
ANDY KUHN
JAMES C. MULLIGAN
BRENT PEEPLES
STEPHANE ROUX
JOE RUBINSTEIN
FRANK TIERI

ALSO APPEARING GUESTS
PAMELA BUCHUNAM
CHRIS CAMPANA
DIANITA CERON
JEREMY CLARK
ELIAMARIA M. CRAWFORD
ANDREW DALHOUSE
SAM DE LA ROSA
DAVID DEGRAND
MICHAEL DOONEY
DAVID DOUB - DUSK COMICS
LHARS EBERSOLD
NICK FILARDI
MOHAMMAD JILANI
RYAN KINCAID
CREEES LEE
ANDREW MANGUM
BILL MCKAY
JASON METCALF
MOSTAFA MOUSSA
SHONUFF STUDIO - HALO AND TERRY PARR
BENNY POWELL
LAWRENCE REYNOLDS
RICHARD RIVERA
KHALID ROBERTSON
DAVID ANGELO ROMAN
EMILY ROSE
BRIAN SEATON
MARLIN SHOOP
MATTHEW WARLICK
ROBERT WILSON IV

Edited by Kevin Boyd

From Back to the Future to The Goonies, and from Blade Runner to Indiana Jones he has created some of the most iconic movie art of a generation. This is your chance to meet the legendary artist Drew Struzan at the Galactic Gallery booth (no. 378) all weekend long and get your hands on exclusive convention merchandise. Get your tickets here: https://www.fanexpodallas.com/en/buy-tickets/admission.html

62DBC8BB-A9D2-49E8-9098-5759C0E75735.jpeg

Kevin this is a great line-up, if FXC is like this, I would be hugely happy! (Though I get Toronto is harder to get the same full line-up). 

Fyi for those interested in the John Byrne signing, I went to the one at Fan Expo Canada on Labor Day weekend 2018. It was the first show Byrne had done in ages, and was what I assume will be the same format here.

- A signing paid package with William Shatner 

- Open signings at his table throughout the con

A few notes from my experience:

- I got the package. It guarantees you 1 signature with him + Shatner on the Star Trek omnibus that Byrne did, and 2 signatures on anything else you want from Byrne. I thought it was fairly priced, especially since it includes the cost of the huge hardcover omnibus. No witnessed grading whatsoever. He is really against grading. Fyi he won’t even sign on top of a slab. I was a bit bummed about this as I brought a PC book (Xmen 121 9.8 1st Alpha Flight), and said he could personalize it to me on top of the slab, but he still said no. Was a bit of a bummer, but I was respectful and didn’t cause a fuss as it’s his choice. 

- His public signings line was huge, every day. Like 2 hours+ minimum. And this was in Toronto, I imagine Dallas will be even more. Same rules as Kevin mentioned, as many as you want (hopefully ppl are reasonable given line size), no doubles, and obviously no witnessed grading. I think towards later in the day, if lines still long, they started putting like 20book per family limits, but Kevin will know better.

- I was very happy to have gotten the package - given size of his line, to me it’s worth it to guarantee books signed, hard part is thinking of just 2!