• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fan Expo Dallas - May 3-5, 2019
3 3

199 posts in this topic

On 4/10/2019 at 1:43 PM, SSkufan said:

Andy just posted some new videos today of some of the newer stuff he is brining.  Though it was mostly silver through bronze age.

Where is the video? How can I see the Duncanville store stuff, is it on Facebook?   lol yep found it on Facebook :) thanks for giving the heads up to look!

Looking good on the mag portion :whee: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

The Punisher, Agents of Shield, Jessica Jones, Daredevil ... what do they have in common? That's right, Jeph Loeb! The legendary writer behind greats like Batman: Hush, Batman: The Long Halloween and Executive Producer for Marvel Television is coming to FAN EXPO Dallas in an ultra rare convention appearance. Meet the man behind so many of your fan favorites! 

57485732_2675992849141131_2451929213616259072_n.png

49 minutes ago, Kevin Boyd said:

The Punisher, Agents of Shield, Jessica Jones, Daredevil ... what do they have in common? That's right, Jeph Loeb! The legendary writer behind greats like Batman: Hush, Batman: The Long Halloween and Executive Producer for Marvel Television is coming to FAN EXPO Dallas in an ultra rare convention appearance. Meet the man behind so many of your fan favorites! 

57485732_2675992849141131_2451929213616259072_n.png

Do you know any autograph info?

16 hours ago, Kevin Boyd said:

https://www.fanexpodallas.com/en/buy-tickets/special-events/jeph-loeb.html

$30 gets you two autographs and seating at his Sunday panel.

$60 gets you two CGC witnessed autographs and seating at his Sunday panel. 

Thanks @Kevin Boyd I guess I should have checked the website before I asked.  It kind of sucks that we have to preorder a ticket for his autograph beforehand  - oh well.

12 minutes ago, SSkufan said:

Thanks @Kevin Boyd I guess I should have checked the website before I asked.  It kind of sucks that we have to preorder a ticket for his autograph beforehand  - oh well.

$30 for 2 autographs ($60 for CGC) is not too bad considering standing in line for a long time to possibly get an autograph that's not prepaid. At least this gets you 2 for sure. Also, you can use debit/credit versus some creators only taking cash. I've gone before to the lines for some big creators and they are absolutely huge.

54 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

$30 for 2 autographs ($60 for CGC) is not too bad considering standing in line for a long time to possibly get an autograph that's not prepaid. At least this gets you 2 for sure. Also, you can use debit/credit versus some creators only taking cash. I've gone before to the lines for some big creators and they are absolutely huge.

Yeah I get it and you are right the price is not that bad.  Though I did stand in line at C2E2 for 3 hours to get George Perez's autograph and it was a great experience and well worth it.

51 minutes ago, Kevin Boyd said:

Debuting at Fan Expo Dallas $30 at the Fan Expo Store while supplies last: Batman 608 RRP Cover Foil Variant.

Batman608.jpg

Such a great cover. These will be popular. I just sold my signed RRP that I got Jim to sign at Fan Expo Dallas year before last. Hated to do it, but made a great profit. Getting one of these signed will be nice to have.

3 hours ago, Kevin Boyd said:

Debuting at Fan Expo Dallas $30 at the Fan Expo Store while supplies last: Batman 608 RRP Cover Foil Variant.

Batman608.jpg

Curious, do the exclusives, like this one, tend to sell out on day 1.  Or will there be stock for each day?

13 hours ago, Crops068 said:

Curious, do the exclusives, like this one, tend to sell out on day 1.  Or will there be stock for each day?

Someone else should chime in too, but I'm pretty sure that they do reserve for each day but each day might sell out, if that makes sense....

Like they may have a certain amount allocated one day and sell out, the next day the same :foryou: 

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Someone else should chime in too, but I'm pretty sure that they do reserve for each day but each day might sell out, if that makes sense....

Like they may have a certain amount allocated one day and sell out, the next day the same :foryou: 

So, Ive gone the past three years and bought comics each year. I've never run into a time when they didn't have some that I wanted (even that Dell'Otto virgin ASM variant that was popular). BUT, if you wait until the end of the day, you might end up rummaging through crappy, dinged books. People go through them and pick out the best ones. I suggest getting there early that morning and being one of the people who rummages through to find the best copies.

Sometimes you can ask them if they have more to choose from, but I remember doing that at the DC booth (can't remember if the FXD shops allow that). I did run into one seller one time that told me they would not pull more copies out of the boxes until the ones on the table were sold (which is honestly a ludicrous concept that lost them a sale since all the ones on their table was damaged).

Since some of these are foils, it is even more important. If they are bagged, you cannot necessarily see the spine, but you can get a good look and tell if its gonna be in decent shape.

Awesome, really appreciate the replies @ADAMANTIUM and @kevhtx , I was hoping that was the case.  I am only going Saturday with my son.  Will be there when the doors open, if traffic cooperates from Austin.  Going to be a fun filled day of looking around and hopefully getting some great signatures (including Jim Lee's!), if I find a good enough copy of that foil 608 maybe that will supersede the original 608 I am bringing to get signed......  decisions... decisions.

And yeah 2 weeks, but 1st Endgame!  Happy Easter to you as well @ADAMANTIUM

Hoping to drop off with CGC on Friday at 2pm, did the online registration, @kevhtx will the line be super long already?

lol Hopefully that won't take up too much of my time :wishluck: 

Not really going after sigs this year too much, @Crops068 I vote the original #608, or just get a blue label :foryou: lot's of fun to be had! :headbang: 

5 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Hoping to drop off with CGC on Friday at 2pm, did the online registration, @kevhtx will the line be super long already?

Not really going after sigs this year too much, @Crops068 I vote the original #608, or just get a blue label :foryou: lot's of fun to be had! :headbang: 

The line for what? Jim Lee's public signing? If so, then yes, Im sure it will fill up fast and early.

For CGC lines, it will depend how many people they sent. Year before last I think, it was a mess. Long lines at CGC.

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Depending on time, I am looking at Zeck, McGuiness, and maybe Rubenstein (don't see much about him anywhere other than he is a "Special Guest") for signatures.  I want to let my son see as much as possible on Saturday as well.  Then I have JL at 4pm, I am sure the line for that will start well before 4 though.  Zeck is a must, he is currently one of my only sigs on one of my oldest comics (SW #8).  Met him last year at a MUCH smaller con, great guy and he interacted with my kid a whole lot through the day we were there.  So much my son is looking forward to getting another signed print and seeing if Zeck remembers him.

Another thing I need to do is stop and talk to the CGC crew.  Good reminder!