• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fan Expo Dallas - May 3-5, 2019
3 3

199 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

The line for what? Jim Lee's public signing? If so, then yes, Im sure it will fill up fast and early.

For CGC lines, it will depend how many people they sent. Year before last I think, it was a mess. Long lines at CGC.

I meant for cgc express drop off of a 10 book value sub...

Just now, Crops068 said:

Depending on time, I am looking at Zeck, McGuiness, and maybe Rubenstein (don't see much about him anywhere other than he is a "Special Guest") for signatures.  I want to let my son see as much as possible on Saturday as well.  Then I have JL at 4pm, I am sure the line for that will start well before 4 though.  Zeck is a must, he is currently one of my only sigs on one of my oldest comics (SW #8).  Met him last year at a MUCH smaller con, great guy and he interacted with my kid a whole lot through the day we were there.  So much my son is looking forward to getting another signed print and seeing if Zeck remembers him.

Another thing I need to do is stop and talk to the CGC crew.  Good reminder!

You shouldn't have any trouble in lines for the non-headliner artists (headliners like Jim Lee, Jeph Loeb and so on). Usually artist alley is a walk and possibly only wait for a couple people at most to get a sig. Generally, its walk up and no one is in line. 

Just now, kevhtx said:

You shouldn't have any trouble in lines for the non-headliner artists (headliners like Jim Lee, Jeph Loeb and so on). Usually artist alley is a walk and possibly only wait for a couple people at most to get a sig. Generally, its walk up and no one is in line. 

That is good to hear for sure.

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

I meant for cgc express drop off of a 10 book value sub...

Just depends on how many reps they have. I think they learned from a couple years ago and sent more last year, but Im not sure. I would avoid going to CGC during/right after a big comic artist signing. Im not sure if they will be walking people to CGC or having them fill out forms in whatever room they are in. The year I went to Jim Lee, they walked us up to the CGC booth so that made lines long.

2 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

Depending on time, I am looking at Zeck, McGuiness, and maybe Rubenstein (don't see much about him anywhere other than he is a "Special Guest") for signatures.  I want to let my son see as much as possible on Saturday as well.  Then I have JL at 4pm, I am sure the line for that will start well before 4 though.  Zeck is a must, he is currently one of my only sigs on one of my oldest comics (SW #8).  Met him last year at a MUCH smaller con, great guy and he interacted with my kid a whole lot through the day we were there.  So much my son is looking forward to getting another signed print and seeing if Zeck remembers him.

Another thing I need to do is stop and talk to the CGC crew.  Good reminder!

I thought about getting a zeck sketch or at least for him to ink a sketch that I already have, but I'm thinking of taking it easy this year. Lol they sure do have a lot going on though (thumbsu

I've heard that zeck is very personable! Glad to hear the legend continues!

4 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

Just depends on how many reps they have. I think they learned from a couple years ago and sent more last year, but Im not sure. I would avoid going to CGC during/right after a big comic artist signing. Im not sure if they will be walking people to CGC or having them fill out forms in whatever room they are in. The year I went to Jim Lee, they walked us up to the CGC booth so that made lines long.

Lol I was planning to go by the cgc booth as soon as I can get in at 2pm Friday, that way I'm not carrying around books. 

I remember last year that cgc didn't start taking in books right at 2. As I said, I've got the packing shipping slip, but haven't done it before specifically with cgc, I've always used a facilitator. This year I'm just doing blue label...

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I thought about getting a zeck sketch or at least for him to ink a sketch that I already have, but I'm thinking of taking it easy this year. Lol they sure do have a lot going on though (thumbsu

I've heard that zeck is very personable! Glad to hear the legend continues!

Personable is an understatement.  He is literally THE reason I have any interest in getting items signed.  It hit that heartstring just right.  You can treat me right and that's cool, but when you interact and leave a lasting impression with my then 7yr old that has peaked his interest in drawing, that is a completely different level of amazing.  That is what Zeck did.  Every time we walked by his booth he spoke to my son, asking him if he was enjoying the convention, then at the end he pulled him back behind the table and had him pull the end of day raffle tickets.  He has earned the title of legend and from what he posted when Stan passed, he came by it quite honestly and by great example.

I was expecting everyone to say that since I've:

Gone online, entered the info into cgc, printed the packing slip

That drop off immediately at the con would be easy lol

I've always been nervous with these types of things.... especially doing things for the first time :shy:

Due to professional commitments both David Harbour and Sophia Lillis must cancel their appearances at FAN EXPO Dallas 2019. If you purchased any Photo Op with David or Sophia, Epic Photo Ops will be in touch with your refund/exchange options.

4 hours ago, Kevin Boyd said:

Due to professional commitments both David Harbour and Sophia Lillis must cancel their appearances at FAN EXPO Dallas 2019. If you purchased any Photo Op with David or Sophia, Epic Photo Ops will be in touch with your refund/exchange options.

Your regular updates are very much appreciated @Kevin Boyd

to dealers or anyone that have a bunch of books for Jeph Loeb *(10 or more.  Please contact me directly for specifics as i will be handling the signings for him)

comicart@kwanchang.com

we will have the signing prior to the fanexpo signings on sat and sun.

thanks !

see you guys in dallas in a few days !

So we don't actually announce the package times on the schedule, when you buy one you should be notified where and when they are (which is Saturday at 4-5 for CGC option, 5-7 for regular).

Thanks, Kevin!  I actually saw Jeph Loeb ticketed event on the schedule which was why I asked regarding Jim Lee.  And I didn’t see anything with a specific time when I had purchased a while back, but thanks again for the info!

Kevin... Will John Byrne have a booth set up at FanExpo Dallas? What is the book limit there at his booth? And does he allow selfie pictures with him or of him signing books? Since he doesn't allow grading companies, it shouldn't be no problem to document him signing my book or books...

He will be signing at his table Friday and Saturday, possibly Sunday.

10 books/items per person per day

no duplicates

he has to have worked on the item

no posed photos but you can take pictures

won’t sign items in window bags

no items to be graded

Edited by Kevin Boyd