• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MegaCon Orlando, May 16-19, 2019

125 posts in this topic

For the first time in about 5 years we will be able to set up at megacon. Used to be my favorite show...curious what it is like now from a seller perspective. Guess we will find out I. 2 months

I have to be honest Kevin, And this is by no means a dig at you or anything like that, but I've been kind of underwhelmed so far with the comic writers/guests thus far.

Usually we see heavy hitters attending megacon. This year doesn't seem like previous ones.

38 minutes ago, 1p36DSA said:

Megacon is not what it used to be when it was independent. I wish Reed bought out instead of fan expo. No different then last year, setting up to be a cosplay con again. 

I hope that’s not the case

45 minutes ago, 1p36DSA said:

Megacon is not what it used to be when it was independent. I wish Reed bought out instead of fan expo. No different then last year, setting up to be a cosplay con again. 

don't get me wrong, last year they had a killer lineup. i spent an entire day there and i dumped a ton of money getting books signed and submitted to CGC. this year with so far more celebrities than writers/artists. i've honestly only saw one comic guest that i would want a signature from. the rest are a few older celebs. i'm hoping they come out with another wave of comic guests soon to have me feel like getting a ticket for the event is worthwhile.

47 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

I hope that’s not the case

You should be fine, I am speaking from a comic fans point of view. I like buying comics and getting creators signatures. Will be plenty of comic buying for me just no signatures. I could care less about modern cover artists. 

Everyone else gets announced from comics on the 26th. 

Then you can start complaining, but until then, please try to be a little more patient before you declare the event to be a total disaster. We’ve only announced 20% of the comic guests.

Edited by Kevin Boyd

Here's the full list of additional comics creators that have not as yet been announced for MegaCon Orlando, they join the 41 creators already announced.

Featured

STANLEY ARTGERM LAU
CHARLES SOULE
INHYUK LEE
LUCIO PARRILLO
DAVID NAKAYAMA

JOHN BEATTY
JOE CARAMAGNA
CARLA COHEN
AGNES GARBOWSKA
GREG HORN
MARK IRWIN
PABLO MARCOS
AMY MEBBERSON
PAUL MOUNTS
KAEL NGU
CARY NORD
DAN PANOSIAN
ALAN QUAH
ANDREW ROBINSON
ALEX SAVIUK
JAMES SILVANI
TY TEMPLETON
TIM TOWNSEND

SCOTT BLAIR
SERGIO CARIELLO
JEREMY CLARK
JOHN E. CROWTHER
NICOLA CUTI
MIKE DEBALFO
MARK DOS SANTOS
DANIEL DULITZKY
MARTIN DUNN
ELLIOT FERNANDEZ
ATHENA FINGER
DANIEL GOVAR
ROB HUNTER
LARRY SPIKE JARRELL
RYAN KINCAID
GREG KIRKPATRICK
BILL MARRIMON
JOSE MARZAN JR.
JASON MEENTS
MARK MUNCY
TAO NGUYEN
WALTER OSTLIE
MOG PARK
MARK PENNINGTON
DAVID PEPOSE
JOSHUA PEREZ
BENNY POWELL
ADAM RICHES
BRYAN SEATON
SAJAD SHAH
MARLIN SHOOP
CHRISTIAN SLADE
KT SMITH
BRYAN TILLMAN
JAMIE TYNDALL
JOSE VARESE
BRETT WELDELE
JEFFREY WHITING
KEVIN WOOD

Please note: Due to a scheduling change Pat Broderick will not be joining us this year.

c4fc6b8f-75a7-4940-9081-64389a1c0e79.png

Edited by Kevin Boyd

Brace yourself Orlando, because here comes the Lasso of Truth! Lynda Carter, the original Wonder Woman, will be appearing at MEGACON 2019 for a very special event. Tickets for this special event go on sale Friday, March 29 10am EST! For more details check out our website: https://www.megaconorlando.com/en/buy-tickets/special-events/lynda-carter.html

67EE052D-8328-4FF7-8C93-7DC4C0EAD85F.jpeg