• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MegaCon Orlando, May 16-19, 2019

125 posts in this topic

Dale Roberts Comics will be at booth 4007. We have tons of Golden Age, Silver Age, and Bronze and lots of CGC certified books, including keys. Be sure to stop by the booth. 

www.DaleRobertsComics.com

dalerobertscomicslogo.jpg

Edited by Dale Roberts

Kevin, since megacon is approaching next week, do you have any prices for signatures from mark brooks, inhyuk lee, artgerm, etc for getting books CGC graded? still no info on the webpage as of yet.

And it will never be updated, as I mentioned in the Dallas thread, we don't ask the creators. 

However:

Mark Brooks Mark will sign 1-2 items for free. After that he charges $5.00 per signature for items that are not being graded. Graded items are $10 per signature. As per Comics Sketch Art.

For other Comic Sketch Art guest please click on their info and then Event Info for their show rates. http://www.comicsketchart.com/artist-alley.html

For guests appearing from Scott's Collectables (Inhyuk Lee, etc) please visit https://www.scottscollectables.co.uk/ and look under Creators to see their pricing (it's in UK money so you may need to contact Daniel for American prices.

For Artgerm and Derrick Chew, https://artgermcollectibles.com/ you may need to ask the folks there what his pricing will be.

I'm going to Mega Con this week and vintage comics are my thing.  I'm not into cosplay or artists or celebrities - just vintage comics ... and looking at the retailers it seems like there will be many comic vendors in Orlando.  I compared the retailer list of Mega Con to Heroes Con in Charlotte and at a glance it appears most of the same vintage comic dealers at Orlando will also be in Charlotte. 

Nevertheless..."Golden Memories from New York" just posted on the Charlotte Con thread that they heard Charlotte was the best show in the south for comics.  Which it may be?  But if most of the same major dealers will be at both shows - aren't both shows pretty much the same?  Opinions?

PS Hmmm - as I looked closer it appears Bedrock Comics and Golden Memories won't be at Orlando...so that is a difference.  Can others point out other differences that I'm missing to favor one show over the other for vintage comics?

Edited by blackterror

16 hours ago, blackterror said:

I'm going to Mega Con this week and vintage comics are my thing.  I'm not into cosplay or artists or celebrities - just vintage comics ... and looking at the retailers it seems like there will be many comic vendors in Orlando.  I compared the retailer list of Mega Con to Heroes Con in Charlotte and at a glance it appears most of the same vintage comic dealers at Orlando will also be in Charlotte. 

Nevertheless..."Golden Memories from New York" just posted on the Charlotte Con thread that they heard Charlotte was the best show in the south for comics.  Which it may be?  But if most of the same major dealers will be at both shows - aren't both shows pretty much the same?  Opinions?

PS Hmmm - as I looked closer it appears Bedrock Comics and Golden Memories won't be at Orlando...so that is a difference.  Can others point out other differences that I'm missing to favor one show over the other for vintage comics?

In my humble opinion Heroes is the best vintage comic buying experience.  More of the show floor is comic vendors and its not as chaotic allowing you to slow down and really dig through boxes.  I'll go to both because Mega is only 2 hours away and the kids prefer to chaos of an event like Mega.  Me I'd be happy at a one day old timer show with no cosplay/anime/signings/etc but I realize I am not the typical customer for these "events"

I set up at megacon from 2004-2015. Load in was always a bit of a hit or miss hassle. 

Have to admit today was about as easy of a load in as I’ve ever had. Pray load out is just as easy. 

Edited by G.A.tor

22 hours ago, blackterror said:

Bedrock is a huge vintage draw. One of my favs for sure. A diff maker. 

That said, Ive set up at both mega con and heroes con ...for the 10+ years from 2004-2015 megacon was always a better sales show and here’s the main reason why...that show has always been before heroes. My inventory was better. Stuff I sold at megacon often could not be replaced for heroes.

While this obviously doesn’t hold true for every vintage dealer, and since I haven’t set up at megacon for past 5 years , I can’t say for certain which is better now, and heroes was a show oIhaven’t missed setting up at for 15+ straight years (so that says something). For the shopping experience, heroes might be a better venue, but selection might be better at megacon. 

Edited by G.A.tor

Went today for a Dad and daughter day.  Most of the comic booths didn't appear too busy.  Comic vendors seemed to be pretty much segregated to the front right corner as you come in.  Even early Friday it was hard to move around the cosplay herd.  Aisles are too narrow to have groups congregating in the center.  Note to folks, a pair of jockeys and mask is not a costume .  Folks bringing their kids probably prefer not to have their kid eye level with some dudes junk. Starting to look like DragonCon /Mardi Gras/Key West

Far as the comic buying, bigger dealers seemed to have nice wall display books/eye candy.  Most of them seemed to be sitting i chairs waiting for the big fish to come.  Not what I came for so I didn't look at prices but most of the big silver age keys in duplication. Typical half of trades in abundance.  Didn't see much dollar boxes and what little I saw was unsorted recent modern overstock.  One vendor upfront had a large setup with closeout toys and 50 cent boxes.  He seemed to be busy but I cant imagine how much of that you need to move to make it worth the effort.  Overall underwhelming, after two hours of the crowd I gave up and left for lunch and then home.  If you are  picker its probably not the show for that. I tried to negotiate a big bulk buy but didn't work out.