• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fan Expo Canada, August 22-25, 2019
2 2

192 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, ignimbrite said:

While I realize this large, successful event is quite a ways away I was alarmed to see that CGC does not have the Canada Fan Expo as a place they will be setting up shop this year. Is this finalized or could things change?

may not be finalized, but given that they already have 2 shows that same weekend it may be tough for them.  They've been in years past so hopefully they'll be back again this year.

20 hours ago, Iceman399 said:

may not be finalized, but given that they already have 2 shows that same weekend it may be tough for them.  They've been in years past so hopefully they'll be back again this year.

It really would be too bad if they didn't attend. I love the show but half the fun for me is getting signatures and remarks in person. 

Wow that's an interesting rescheduling date for the Keystone show in Philadelphia. 

It would be disappointing if CGC chose not to support Fan Expo Canada by getting a booth that would enable fans, collectors and vendors to submit their books.

Unfortunately, we are the only show that weekend with a border involved, so that might be concern they are addressing. Perhaps they are waiting to find out who the guests are (they are significant but at this time not announced).

Edited by Kevin Boyd

11 hours ago, ignimbrite said:

It really would be too bad if they didn't attend. I love the show but half the fun for me is getting signatures and remarks in person. 

There will be several facilitators that can help I'm sure (Gotham, Paradise, Twin Cities come to mind).  Mind you doing it yourself is often cheaper and more fun...but letting them handle the process/shipping can be worth it.

18 hours ago, Iceman399 said:

There will be several facilitators that can help I'm sure (Gotham, Paradise, Twin Cities come to mind).  Mind you doing it yourself is often cheaper and more fun...but letting them handle the process/shipping can be worth it.

For sure. There are a lot of great people out there to help facilitate but doing it myself is all the fun. I could just do it all online otherwise.

I hope this doesn't also mean there will be no 'special tickets' like the Jock ones last year.

On the year of Batman's 80th birthday, the legendary Jim Lee makes a triumphant return to FAN EXPO Canada 2019! Don't miss your chance to meet this world-renowned Comic Creator, get your tickets now! https://www.fanexpocanada.com/en/buy-tickets/admission.html

6F38488F-739A-4F3D-ACE0-1BB8A2424B94.jpeg

@Kevin Boyd Great news that Jim Lee will be back this year. Assume there will likely be packages again like previous years for a separate signing (non-graded and graded?) Not sure if that will depend on whether CGC is there or not (I think the Jim Lee one from 2017 was official CGC reps at the signing, vs other special events where it's ComicSketchArt reps (Eg. at the Snyder/Capullo events)

He's helped defeat the demogorgon in Hawkins (Stranger Things), and looks set to kick demon in the upcoming Hellboy (as Hellboy). Welcome David Harbour to FAN EXPO Canada 2019! 

55924230_2286939598024284_4904269610221568000_n.png

Get ready for bears, beets, and Battlestar Galactica! From one of TV's greatest comedies The Office, your favourite beet farmer Rainn Wilson is coming to FAN EXPO Canada this August! 

55908379_2289891467729097_3820727564205293568_n.jpg

he long-lost fortune of One-Eyed Willy was just a legend until this band of adventurers got their hands on it. From the 80’s classic The Goonies, we're bringing back together Sean Astin, Corey Feldman & Ke Huy Quan at #FANEXPOCanada 2019! 

56691353_2295720527146191_1705114888528986112_n.jpg