• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fan Expo Canada, August 22-25, 2019
2 2

192 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Kevin Boyd said:

1. Will Jim Lee be doing a public signing? Yes.

2. Do I know what days he'll be attending? Sort of. Definitely Saturday, possibly more.

3. Do I know what days Todd will be attending? No, I don't yet know what days he will be attending. 

4. Very dramatic. No, it was not cut in half last year. In 2017 the area was reduced to two signing areas, in 2018 it was restored to 3. What disappeared was the curtaining on the right side and instead the area was left open so that space could be used for lines at the Comic Sketch Art tables since the CSA creator signings take place at their booths and many are big name creators like Capulo, Finch, etc.

5. Signings at the Comic Sketch Art table are run by CSA. If the queues in the signing area are available, we have used them to line people up for a big signing in their area so as not to clog the aisles and we do our best to ensure VIPs are respected at the biggest signings.

That being said, there was an idea for 2019 that is still being developed I'm not at liberty to discuss yet.

Also, I understand the frustrations, but anyone who threatens a volunteer or staff member loses their line privileges.

Thanks Kevin, I appreciate the response and agree that volunteers and staff should never be threatened at any point and badge holder should lose their line privileges. Will there be a Jim Lee sketch opp package offered at any point? As well, will the VIP badge work at the DC booth this year?

Thanks. 

20 hours ago, Captain Canuck said:

Thanks Kevin, I appreciate the response and agree that volunteers and staff should never be threatened at any point and badge holder should lose their line privileges. Will there be a Jim Lee sketch opp package offered at any point? As well, will the VIP badge work at the DC booth this year?

Thanks. 

Jim is open for commissions:

http://albertmoy.com/ArtistCommission.asp?ArtistId=380

There won't be a package at the show and he won't be sketching, follow the link eewwnuk provided if you would like to preorder a commission for the show. 

I can't promise DC will honour the VIP badge. I'll ask them if they can though. 

Film legend, John Travolta is coming to FAN EXPO Canada! Catch his ultra rare convention appearance as he brings along his new movie, The Fanatic. Photo-ops go live at 10AM tomorrow. Due to limited availability, autographs will be determined by lottery. 
Enter here: https://bit.ly/2SwpmX4

66998682_2475128702538705_4910306740806877184_n.png

GUEST UPDATE 
Unfortunately, Patrick Warburton will no longer be appearing at FAN EXPO Canada 2019 due to professional commitments. If you purchased a Photo Op with him, Epic Photo Ops will be in touch with your refund/exchange options. But stay tuned, because we still have plenty more exciting guest announcements coming up!

Sad news yesterday about the passing of Rutger Hauer, we wish to express our condolences to his family, friends and fans. If you purchased a Photo Op with him, Epic Photo Ops will be in touch with your refund/exchange options.

The Coneheads’ Laraine Newman is coming to FAN EXPO Canada! Don't miss the Saturday Night Live guest star and multi-talented actress, because she is ready for prime time. 

Note: Laraine was also the voice actor for Baby Doll in the Batman Animated episode "Love is a Croc".

67418388_2484246438293598_61752056234377216_n.png

Booth assignment like every year we've done it (cept for the year I was stuck in Teddy bear lane) :Banana: Booth 1004 (right as soon as you enter).

If anyone is planning on buying tickets that hasn't already this year they've announced a vendor assistance program so if you need to buy tickets to Fan Expo @Guardian Comics and I would love it if you bought through our affiliated link (I can pm you the link).

I'm so excited for this show.

Looks like the packages are being announced on Tuesday.

For a preview of what the Batman creators vip will be like, take a look at the Fan Expo Boston event announced yesterday. Mitch Gerads, James Tynion and Marguerite Bennett are on it in Toronto instead of Clay Mann and Brian Azzarello. Sketch package tier options will be Gerads and/or Finch. Prices adjusted to Canadian dollars.

Venom After Dark features Donny Cates, Tyler Kirkham and Frank Tieri.

Tim Sale’s sketch package will be a custom Batman Family character head sketch, round table discussion and up to 10 autographs, additional fees apply if the items are being graded.

Edited by Kevin Boyd

Great news to here about the news about the special events! I will be ready on Tuesday.

As a question to anyone. I have found a lot of Gerads Commissions on CAF and some are a bit simplistic: https://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1537634 Does anyone know if these are the type of sketches to expect with the package or does he put a little more time in?

Later today when the page is public there should be examples of his sketches to share. Scratch that, seeing if I can get some examples added. 

Edited by Kevin Boyd