• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fan Expo Canada, August 22-25, 2019
2 2

192 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Kevin Boyd said:

Sorry, wasn't able to get to this until today - busy running a show! 

Next year's dates are August 27-30, 2020. 

We rebooked for next year...Not that there was any doubt.  Love that it doesn't conflict with Wizard next year :)

15 hours ago, Iceman399 said:

Any idea on attendance this year Kevin?

14 hours ago, Kevin Boyd said:

No idea, I'll probably find out when everyone else does. 

it seemed like a really busy con this year specially on Thursday and Friday which usually are a bit more timid. 

1 minute ago, Krishosein said:

it seemed like a really busy con this year specially on Thursday and Friday which usually are a bit more timid. 

hm We didn't see the ppl on Thursday or Friday that we normally do lol We on the other hand felt Sunday was busier than Saturday volume wise.  I'm curious if there was any "noticeable" drop in attendance with it overlapping Keystone + WWC + Not Labour day weekend. 

16 minutes ago, Iceman399 said:

hm We didn't see the ppl on Thursday or Friday that we normally do lol We on the other hand felt Sunday was busier than Saturday volume wise.  I'm curious if there was any "noticeable" drop in attendance with it overlapping Keystone + WWC + Not Labour day weekend. 

maybe it was just the areas I was in as I was at EB games and it was quite packed in there compared to years before on a Friday for me. I usually am not rubbing elbows with 10 other people when looking at the games lol 

I felt that our side (South) was always active, I hear North was quiet on Thursday and Friday, but there weren’t that many guests there those days. Sunday was noticeably up.

The reports from the other shows lead me to believe they didn’t have much of an impact. We’ve been on busy weekends in the past with Dragon Con, Silicon Valley and Salt Lake, San Francisco, etc.

My biggest concern is patterned behaviour. I think people got used to the old weekend and there are no doubt regulars who think it’s on this weekend....

Edited by Kevin Boyd