• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fan Expo Canada, August 22-25, 2019
2 2

192 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Iceman399 said:

We're still waiting to be blessed by your presence.  We aren't holding our breath though :) Coming to Bmore next month?

:banana:

On 8/29/2019 at 12:08 PM, Ron C. said:

A few pictures from this past weekend.

B2B55FD4-927E-4A12-B84D-9EDA01C4F190.jpeg

Anyway I can get a hold of the gentlemen to the right, next to the gentlemen with the green shirt. I was at Jim Lee comic signing and had four comics graded.  I haven't heard from him since Sunday August 25.   I would love to get their contact info. Thank you.

6 hours ago, cgcnumber said:

Anyway I can get a hold of the gentlemen to the right, next to the gentlemen with the green shirt. I was at Jim Lee comic signing and had four comics graded.  I haven't heard from him since Sunday August 25.   I would love to get their contact info. Thank you.

Try here: http://agentsofslabs.com/

Did anyone else get the survey from Fan Expo Canada? I said that overall I quite liked the show and organization. Unfortunately if CGC dosen't attend I am not sure Incan justify the cost in the future. I like CGCSS and the extra I spent on witnesses and facilitation I may as well go to another show for the experience of it.

I realize that CGC makes their own decisions. I am just hoping the show can intice them in some way.

That's a tough one. We can't force CGC to do a show they don't want to do, and I think we'll be attempting to start the 2020 dialogue with them this week. The reason we were given for lack of participation in the 2019 event was (a) a contractual obligation for onsite grading at Philadelphia requiring a lot of staff, and (b) a second crew commitment to Wizard World Chicago Con. They didn't want to assemble a third crew. They still do Dallas, Orlando and Boston with us. 

Now in 2020 I think we will still have the issue of overlap with Philadelphia at which I would guess they'll do onsite again, but Chicago is the weekend before, so hopefully they'll want to send that second crew to Fan Expo Canada. They have a track record of coming bi-annually (every two years), so that would make sense if they did. We know the fans, collectors and dealers would be happy to see them back at Toronto and Calgary in 2020. 

George, who works on the retail sales team is happy to work towards the goal of having them there. I'm not sure what could be done to entice them beyond having a rep to work with who can discuss and address their needs and make for a smoother experience.

Edited by Kevin Boyd