• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fan Expo Canada, August 22-25, 2019
2 2

192 posts in this topic

On 4/15/2019 at 1:16 PM, Kevin Boyd said:

So we've announced Jim Lee, there will be the same Jim Lee packages as we had in 2017 and at Dallas this year. One is a CGC package, so there will be a witness available there.

There are other VIP Comics Packages this year, 2 for sure. CGC witnessing will be available for the 2 I'm thinking of.

Even if CGC doesn't come to the show, there are a bunch of facilitators who will be there, including Gotham Central, Comic Sketch Art, I think Agents of SLAB will be there, and others. This is probably why it's not a priority for them. 

@Kevlar will also be facilitating the show.

@Kevin Boyd great list, as always!  I’m trying to remember from past years...is there usually another round of comic creators announced in early June? (Hey if I didn’t ask “any chance Paul Smith is coming?” it wouldn’t be Fan Expo time!) 

Looking forward to another fantastic show!

One of these years we'll figure out how to convince Paul Smith to come back to Toronto!

There are in fact two rounds of comic guest creator announcements coming - one next week is my understanding.

As this is Fan Expo Canada's 25th Anniversary year, and it's going to be crazy. Demand from pros has been high and we have a large waiting list of pros seeking tables at the show.

If you'd like, I've been updating the website Comic Creator Guest page with the majority of the ALSO APPEARING creators and a few Special Guests that wanted to get their names out sooner than later.

I would like to draw some attention to a few of them like:

Scott Chantler

Mike Feehan 

Michael T. Gilbert

Dan Parent

Fernando Ruiz

Jon Lam

Dan Mendoza

Mike Rooth

Dave Ross

Collette Turner

Jamie Tyndall

Craig Yeung

and a whole bunch of others.... https://www.fanexpocanada.com/en/guests/comic-creators.html

Edited by Kevin Boyd

Okay, here we go, here's the current comic guests as of today! We added a bunch of people to the website and there's a social media update. 

JIM LEE
GREG CAPULLO
DONNY CATES
GAIL SIMONE
DAVID FINCH
ED MCGUINNESS
JASON FABOK
STAN SAKAI
TIM SALE
JEFF LEMIRE

HEATHER ANTOS
ANDY BELANGER
MARGUERITE BENNETT
SWEENEY BOO
NICK BRADSHAW

ED BRISSON
DYLAN BURNETT
JAMAL CAMPBELL
SCOTT CHANTLER
MICHAEL CHO
MIKE DEL MUNDO

DALE EAGLESHAM
RAY FAWKES
MIKE FEEHAN
MEREDITH FINCH
JAY FOSGITT
JULIE FUJII-SAKAI
MITCH GERADS
GERHARD
MICHAEL T. GILBERT
ADAM GORHAM
MEGAN HUTCHISON
MARK IRWIN
PHIL JIMENEZ
LEONARD KIRK
TYLER KIRKHAM
GISELE LAGACE
WARREN LOUW
ASH MACZKO
DAVE MCCAIG

JAMES C. MULLIGAN
RENEE NAULT
HOPE NICHOLSON
RICHARD PACE
DAN PARENT
RAMON PEREZ
WHILCE PORTACIO
MATTHEW ROSENBERG
FERNANDO RUIZ
MATT SANTORELLI
KIM SMITH
CHARLES SOULE
JENN ST. ONGE

KEN STEACY
TY TEMPLETON
FRANK TIERI
MARCUS TO
PETER TOMASI
JAMES TYNION IV
MICHAEL WALSH
SCOTT WILLIAMS

ASHLEY WITTER
JIM ZUB

KALMAN ANDRASOFSZKY
ALEAH BAKER
YANA BOGATCH 
CHRIS CAMPANA
MICHAEL CHERKAS
ANTHONY FALCONE
JOHN FLEMING
IAN FLYNN
ROSSI GIFFORD
DAX GORDINE
LARRY HANCOCK
SHANE HERON
JANET HETHERINGTON
MEGAN HUANG
JOE INFURNARI
RYAN KINCAID
BECKA KINZIE
JON LAM
CREEES LEE
JAHNOY LINDSAY
JASON LOO
STEVE MANALE
BILL MCKAY
BRIAN MCLACHLAN
DJIBRIL MORISSETTE-PHAN
CASEY PARSONS
GIBSON QUARTER
LEISHA RIDDELL
MIKE ROOTH
DAVE ROSS
GABE SAPIENZA
BRYAN SEATON
KT SMITH
KYLE J. SMITH
RONN SUTTON
ADAM BRYCE THOMAS
COLLETTE TURNER
JAMIE TYNDALL
ERIC VEDDER
JOE VRIENS
CRAIG YEUNG
DANNY ZABBAL

64223400_2397873463597563_4963885401262522368_n.jpg

Edited by Kevin Boyd

The lists look great so far! Is there a timeline to the list of Special Tickets that may be available? I ask simply because the commission lists are open for some of the artists and it would be nice to know my options before committing to anything. I am hoping for a Detective Comics #1000 event!

Special ticketed events are yet be formally announced (sorry I have not been given an exact date yet). But here's what to expect:

- Jim Lee Ultimate Experience - 2 package types - 1) Regular and 2) Graded Comics (aka a Witness present and Jim Lee's per book fee built into the price) - prices and final details pending 

- 80 Years of Batman VIP Event - similar to Dallas and Orlando, but the participants will be based around the creators appearing at the show price and details pending

- a Tim Sale Sketch Package - sketch and roundtable discussion for a limited number of people, price and details pending

- Venom VIP - similar to Dallas and Orlando, participants based around the creators appearing at the show price and details pending

That's all I'm aware of at the moment. Details for these will be announced first to VIPs and then to everyone else very soon. 

Edited by Kevin Boyd

Legendary comic creator, Todd McFarlane is coming to FAN EXPO Canada! The iconic creator of Spawn will celebrate his record-breaking 300-issue run (the record gets broken with #301 - longest running creator-owned indie title, surpassing Cerebus) and much more.

65956526_2435074799877429_1772862298201784320_n.png

Edited by Kevin Boyd