• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dark Horse to publish my comic: House of Fear!
1 1

78 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

Congrats! I know you've put a lot of time and work into this. Bleeding Cool picked up the news yesterday, too. 

Dark Horse to Frighten Children with House of Fear: Attack of the Killer Snowmen in May

I thought Jude's tone was hilarious in that little article.

19 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

Congrats. Did you self-publish a b/w ashcan or prototype to see what your hard work would look like in print before being picked up for distribution by Dark Horse? (thumbsu

I printed a B&W version of the first story and sold it at the Denver Comic Con. The reception was good enough that I colored the issue and ran a Kickstarter to print 1000 copies. Since then, I've done 2 more Kickstarter campaigns and we have 3 more stories being produced. 

I'm hoping that the original B&W comic will become a collector's item to those who enjoy tracking down rare first editions/prototypes/ashcans. I don't have many left, but as someone who loved to track down rare first printings, I'm hoping there will be a small market for those originals after the series takes off.  :cloud9:

Congratulations! :golfclap:

Not only on getting the Dark Horse connection, but also for having the passion to do the Kickstarter campaigns and do all the up front leg work.

Think this hobby could really benefit with more material appropriate for a younger crowd like your books. 

Wishing you the best of luck!

-bc

Dark Horse told me basically to get lost does that count for anything?

Edited by kav

6 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

I've already got tons of Kav signed material, just awesome by the way.:banana:

Yep too bad for Dark Horse-they dont got jack of Kav's.  I did their inking tryout-11 full sized pages of intricate stuff from Star Wars books-intricate detailed star destroyers etc-I finished em all in 2 days-a record for sure-never heard back from em!!  Some of my best work Oak I busted my *spoon*!!!  Cap couldnt have pulled this off even with super inker serum!!!

I could have inked a complete book every 4 days but NOPE!

Edited by kav

On 12/20/2018 at 9:35 AM, Reno McCoy said:

Dark Horse is publishing my comic series, House of Fear! :cloud9:

I've been sitting on the news for awhile now, but with the March 2019 solicitations online now, I can start sharing the news.  This series is the prime reason I don't post here that much anymore. I've slowly cut back my comic buying, and more recently, started selling off my collection. All in the name of saving enough money to pay creators to make my stories come to life. 

House of Fear is a series of scary comics for kids. It's Scooby-Doo meets Tales from the Crypt. The first collected volume features five stories featuring kids fighting monsters. You can preorder it on Amazon and Barnes and Noble now, or check with your local comic shop. I also have some individual issues available for sale for anyone interested in floppies. I'll start making those available again in the new year. 

Screen Shot 2018-12-11 at 3.14.22 PM.png

I don't buy new comics but I am going to have to track down a copy (worship)

On 12/29/2018 at 9:53 PM, oakman29 said:

Damn my man that's awesome. I'll get like 5 of em , can I send em to you to get autographed?

Thanks, m'man. And I can definitely sign some. I'll have to work on my signature. 

10 minutes ago, Reno McCoy said:

Thanks for the support, everyone. It's going to be hard to wait four months before this is available. 

Until then, I can look at the item in Previews. Well, once I get the new Previews anyway. xD

If no one else minds :shy: post back when it is available too, we all need reminders :foryou: :headbang: Congrats again!