• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dark Horse to publish my comic: House of Fear!
1 1

78 posts in this topic

James was kind enough to send me a pdf preview of the two books.  I really liked them, especially the second story, "Teeth".  "Teeth" was just scary enough to enthrall my 3 teenage daughters.  The artwork is really good and the stories are engaging.  I hope these sell really well.  Might be nice to get a signed copy in case these go HUGE!

13 hours ago, adampasz said:

Congrats! Added to my order.

I like to that, in some small way, those Conan books I purchased from you played a small part in your achievement!

:cry: I still miss those Conan comics.

But I'm really going to miss the Adam Hughes comics I've been selling. I wonder how many comics I need to sell before I can buy all of those other comics back. hm

14 hours ago, BanjerD said:

James was kind enough to send me a pdf preview of the two books.  I really liked them, especially the second story, "Teeth".  "Teeth" was just scary enough to enthrall my 3 teenage daughters.  The artwork is really good and the stories are engaging.  I hope these sell really well.  Might be nice to get a signed copy in case these go HUGE!

Glad you enjoyed them. I'm getting a bunch of copies of Teeth today to sell at conventions and such. I really like that one, too. Probably the "scariest" of the bunch. 

16 minutes ago, Reno McCoy said:

:cry: I still miss those Conan comics.

But I'm really going to miss the Adam Hughes comics I've been selling. I wonder how many comics I need to sell before I can buy all of those other comics back. hm

I'm keeping them safe. When you're rich & famous you can buy them back from me at a premium. ;)

12 hours ago, Reno McCoy said:
13 hours ago, adampasz said:

I'm keeping them safe. When you're rich & famous you can buy them back from me at a premium. ;)

Or you could sell them with "once owned by James Powell" as the big selling point. lol

Who...?

I only know some dude named "Reno McCoy"... :D

(PS. I can't wait for this to come out. I'm buying.)

I know most of you love mint comics, and so do I. So imagine how wonderful it feels to get a stack of these from the printer. :cloud9:  

IMG_1903.jpg.8d4f3404884c3e480afa2426a5bdcc7d.jpg

(These are from my latest Kickstarter campaign.)

Maybe I should send some of these in to be graded. hm

Edited by Reno McCoy

10 minutes ago, Reno McCoy said:

I know most of you love mint comics, and so do I. So imagine how wonderful it feels to get a stack of these from the printer. :cloud9:  

Sweet Deal :foryou: perhaps contact CGC and see how to get, "from the collection of...." since your the author etc. 

2 hours ago, Reno McCoy said:

IMG_1903.jpg.8d4f3404884c3e480afa2426a5bdcc7d.jpg

L o l send the in to be graded signature series 👍👍‼️‼️

16 hours ago, FoggyNelson said:

L o l send the in to be graded signature series 👍👍‼️‼️

Now you're talking. Hadn't thought about that. I really need to work on my signature to do that.

If I sign comics myself, for myself, do I need a CGC rep there to prove it's really me and not my clone (who may or may not exist, but I can't say one way or the other). 

3 minutes ago, Reno McCoy said:

Now you're talking. Hadn't thought about that. I really need to work on my signature to do that.

If I sign comics myself, for myself, do I need a CGC rep there to prove it's really me and not my clone (who may or may not exist, but I can't say one way or the other). 

@Artboy99 didn't you do some Sig Series with your name, or know someone who did?

McCoy, I believe there is just a form that you can fill out :foryou: I would also see about getting "from the collection of" on the label, showing that they are your personal copies :shy: I think that would be cool ^^ 

2 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

@Artboy99 didn't you do some Sig Series with your name, or know someone who did?

McCoy, I believe there is just a form that you can fill out :foryou: I would also see about getting "from the collection of" on the label, showing that they are your personal copies :shy: I think that would be cool ^^ 

Yes, there is a signature series form for artists to use when submitting. You need to register as an artist with CGC, then send in the comic with the form. I don't have it in front of me but if you contact CGC directly they can certainly assist.

This one was submitted using the form I am talking about:

New%20Avengers%20sketch%20cover_zpsmv2zo

The Weird Tales of the Future recreation was done on a Lady Death rare blank. I used acrylic paint to cover over things on the cover. I took this one with me to a comic convention I was attending and since I was at the CGC booth I was forced to sign it with CGC as a witness which I did not expect. While I think the cover turned out great my buyer was not happy that CGC made me sign it: I still feel bad about how that all went down.

WTotF Cover sketch.jpg