• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dark Horse to publish my comic: House of Fear!
1 1

78 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, DavidTheDavid said:

I've got it on my Amazon cart to purchase, been waiting on it. Looks right up my kid's alley.

Congratulations. :)

Thanks. I might not actually get to hold it in my hands until Saturday. The anticipation is killing me. :cry:

16 hours ago, wombat said:

I know this is an old thread. Does anyone know if there are any more books? It doesn't look like the OP has been on for a while. 

You can find him on FB and IG.  He’s working on new material called “Rubber and Glue”.

On 1/10/2019 at 11:15 AM, Artboy99 said:

Yes, there is a signature series form for artists to use when submitting. You need to register as an artist with CGC, then send in the comic with the form. I don't have it in front of me but if you contact CGC directly they can certainly assist.

This one was submitted using the form I am talking about:

New%20Avengers%20sketch%20cover_zpsmv2zo

The Weird Tales of the Future recreation was done on a Lady Death rare blank. I used acrylic paint to cover over things on the cover. I took this one with me to a comic convention I was attending and since I was at the CGC booth I was forced to sign it with CGC as a witness which I did not expect. While I think the cover turned out great my buyer was not happy that CGC made me sign it: I still feel bad about how that all went down.

WTotF Cover sketch.jpg

I would have said you want me to sign?  sure thing.  then made some small mark in the corner.  "Thats my sig".

2 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

I tried. I inked over the "K" on my art and they said no.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN NO HOW DARE YOU TELL ME HOW I SIGN MY WORK I DEMAND TO SEE THE MANAGER"

4 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

I loved doing the cover, and hope the buyer eventually appreciated the book. 

He's got to.  Its fantastic.  If it ever comes up again, hold off signing until at CGC table I guess.