• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comicart Tips -- an important resource!
1 1

35 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, vodou said:

Strange. Color me pessimistic but I  have to wonder what the harvesting of so many e-mails interested in such a narrow focus is really trying to accomplish.

This is a pretty silly comment. This guy spends a lot of his time putting this together for no monitory gain. It costs you nothing to join and you can benefit greatly from the info. But you continue to be pessimistic.

You certainly don’t have to join. I really don’t get the negativity though.

24 minutes ago, glenbru said:

This is a pretty silly comment. This guy spends a lot of his time putting this together for no monitory gain. It costs you nothing to join and you can benefit greatly from the info. But you continue to be pessimistic.

You certainly don’t have to join. I really don’t get the negativity though.

Glen...you were not born yesterday, actually you were born quite a while before me even! If you aren't paying for it, then...you are the product. Duh.

7 minutes ago, vodou said:

Glen...you were not born yesterday, actually you were born quite a while before me even! If you aren't paying for it, then...you are the product. Duh.

This falls into the life is too short category for me.  Join if you want, ignore if you don't.

No good deed goes unpunished, it seems -- that's what I've learned in the many more years I've walked this earth, vodou.

Honestly, if the guy finds a way to monetize this in a few years, he deserves it for the work he's put in.  In the meantime, you can use his info. 

I'm pretty sure your email isn't headed to the Russians.  And if it is, I trust you'll still know how to vote.

25 minutes ago, vodou said:

Do you use comicartfans? Its free by default. Do you have any issues with Bill offering it free to most people? He does have a premium option (well worth it) but the few premium members don't cover the cost of hosting such a huge site.

16 minutes ago, glenbru said:

This falls into the life is too short category for me.  Join if you want, ignore if you don't.

No good deed goes unpunished, it seems -- that's what I've learned in the many more years I've walked this earth, vodou.

Honestly, if the guy finds a way to monetize this in a few years, he deserves it for the work he's put in.  In the meantime, you can use his info. 

I'm pretty sure your email isn't headed to the Russians.  And if it is, I trust you'll still know how to vote.

The lady doth protest too much, methinks lol

2 minutes ago, Brian Peck said:

Do you use comicartfans? Its free by default. Do you have any issues with Bill offering it free to most people? He does have a premium option (well worth it) but the few premium members don't cover the cost of hosting such a huge site.

The users are definitely the product on Comicartfans.com, paid or free, and I have no problem with that. It's overt.

1 hour ago, skrilla1212 said:

Thanks for sharing Glen. I signed up. I appreciate CAF of course. And have also enjoyed Comic Art Tracker, and the Comic Art Aficionados auction recaps. Most of all though I’m grateful in to have an active, old school, message board community of people sharing interests. 

Thanks!

My pleasure!  I'm sure you'll find it helpful, as I have.