• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comicart Tips -- an important resource!
1 1

35 posts in this topic

I really enjoy Francesco's reports.  I can't help but notice (unless I missed it),  Wolverine #85 double cover by Adam Kubert sale missing from his reports.  That went for a lot of money, I would think it was one of the highest prices during its month sold.  I believe that sale was early January.

On 4/6/2020 at 3:00 AM, Jamie.Merwin said:

I really enjoy Francesco's reports.  I can't help but notice (unless I missed it),  Wolverine #85 double cover by Adam Kubert sale missing from his reports.  That went for a lot of money, I would think it was one of the highest prices during its month sold.  I believe that sale was early January.

The eBay seller reneged on the winning bid and sold it offline. Despicable.

On 12/20/2018 at 12:08 PM, vodou said:

Glen...you were not born yesterday, actually you were born quite a while before me even! If you aren't paying for it, then...you are the product. Duh.

That may be the case in regard to well-funded social media platforms.  But the world is also full of people who do hobby-related things for free just because they just like doing it and sharing it don't mind if other people benefit.  Examples of that are not just easily found but so ubiquitous they're hard to miss.  So anyone who says every attempt at sharing hobby-related info is covering a scam reveals more about their perceptions than about the motivations of the info-sharing hobbyist.       

17 hours ago, bluechip said:

So anyone who says every attempt at sharing hobby-related info is covering a scam reveals more about their perceptions than about the motivations of the info-sharing hobbyist.   

I'm a skeptic until I know better (ya gotta earn it). If you're not...you're a mark :)