• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] JANUARY PCH Sale. JAN 2--3pm EST--final reds.
2 2

36 posts in this topic

• First :takeit:posted wins the book. PM queries are taken seriously and I respect anonymity if that is your thang.
  • Paypal only. Prompt payment is very much appreciated. 
  • As it's Crimbo I will pick up the shipping tab.  :banana:
  • Returns are ok within 7 days of receipt. As books are not mis-represented, return shipping dime is on you.
  • Tons of refs are available. PM me if you want the list.
  • There is also a (GG) feedback thread knockin' about somewhere in the kudos forum. The link is under my profile.
  • No one who is a dysfunctional forumite who hangs out on the naughty step is eligible to buy. Probies & Hosers...this means you.  

The Books:

Some are previously seen, some are new. All are priced to move.

Books coming in a few...

Edited by Dubble G

HAUNTED THRILLS #5.

This book if undamaged would easily come in as a 7.0. I still can't fathom why someone would inflict a rip on a book like this. It obviously affects the front cover and the first two pages. That said the book is still readable as it barely detracts from the flow of the story.  Whoever did this did not inflict any other stress on the book because it's beautiful. Easily the nicest (notwithstanding the damage) PCH book I've owned. The colours are rich and vibrant, the book is supple and the spine lovely and plump. Obviously unpressed. The book is firmly attached, no rust or other issues and the pages are OWW. One of my all time favourite PCH covers.  

Now offered for $275

0.JPG

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

10.JPG

15.JPG

16.JPG

18.JPG

22.JPG

24.JPG

31.JPG

34.JPG

35.JPG

HAUNTED THRILLS # 9

This book is all so a classic colourful cover with the severed heads and all. The book is well attached at the staples and is quite sound but does have a torn piece of the back cover. Nevertheless it's still very decent and sought after. I'd put it at a 1.8. Please note from the pics that there appears to be a gap when the book is opened at the first page, and there is, but when the book is closed this disappears as the strip itself is still is attached to the spine so you can't see it when it's closed. The pages are Cream. Awesome eye appeal.

Now offered for $275

0.JPG

2.JPG

5.JPG

11.JPG

21.JPG

23.JPG

26.JPG

34.JPG

42.JPG

43.JPG

MYSTERIES WEIRD & STRANGE #1.

Decent enough book. Pages are well attached and supple.Flat, no water damage or rust. Staples are clean. Slight dust shadow on left of bc. Pages are OW. I'd say it was a pretty safe 2.0/2.5. 

$175

%DSCN1626.JPG

%DSCN1634x.JPG

%DSCN1668.JPG

%DSCN1673.JPG

%DSCN1680.JPG

%DSCN1695.JPG

%DSCN1713.JPG

%DSCN1718.JPG

STRANGE MYSTERIES #3.

Also a very nice book. Pretty much like the previous book except a better grade. Pages well attached and supple.Flat, no water damage or rust. Staples are clean. Pics tell the story. Pages are OW. I'd say it was a pretty safe 3.5 

sold

%DSCN1725x.JPG

%DSCN1728x.JPG

%DSCN1729.JPG

%DSCN1750x.JPG

%DSCN1755x.JPG

%DSCN1765x.JPG

%DSCN1792x.JPG

%DSCN1793x.JPG

Edited by Dubble G

Starting now with the new stuff....4 books in all.

HAUNTED THRILLS #7.  

Solid 1.8. Extra staples. Pages are COW 

sold

2.JPG

3.JPG

7.JPG

9.JPG

11.JPG

15.JPG

19.JPG

20.JPG

Edited by Dubble G

5 minutes ago, Columbia Comics said:

Pretty sure this one has a little color touch along the top

Don't know why you would say that? Couldn't you pm me? I've just looked at the book and it categorically does not have any CT along the top, or anywhere else that I can see.

Right, on with the books. :facepalm:

MYSTERIOUS ADVENTURES  #6.  

Easy 1.0. due to tape on inside of covers. Back cover has been tape repaired. Also traces of old tape residue thru'out the book. Centerfold is detached from the staples.  Awesome Bill Fraccio cover. Pages are OWW 

$85

0.JPG

1.JPG

2.JPG

11.JPG

12.JPG

15.JPG

20.JPG

7 minutes ago, Dubble G said:

JOURNEY INTO FEAR  #14.  

Fairly HTF book. You don't see it that often. Just a great PCH cover. Could be any artist from the IGER SHOP stable of artists. Nice date stamp on rear cover.  

$155

1.JPG

3.JPG

5.JPG

13.JPG

14.JPG

17.JPG

18.JPG

20.JPG

Grade? is this a Canadian issue?

Edited by misterrmystery

Finally this book.

STRANGE MYSTERIES  #12.  

This is pretty sought after. Pretty solid 2.0   Has tape on inside covers, but it's a nice book to have. Another classic PCH cover.  

sold

1.JPG

3.JPG

6.JPG

10.JPG

11.JPG

12.JPG

16.JPG

19.JPG

20.JPG

Edited by Dubble G

Just a summary on the JIF #14 and HT #7.   

Apologies but I have withdrawn the JIF #14 for now.

The HAUNTED THRILLS #7 has the wrong price on it. It should be $75 not $85.  

Thanks.

:news:

As a special Xmas offer, and this only applies for 24 hours from now. (midnight EST). If anyone fancies the HT 5 & 9 or one of these two plus the SM 12...I will throw in the JIF 14 absolutely free.  :whatthe:

This offer ends midnight friday EST.

PS. The asking price on the JIF 14 was $155 before I pulled it from the sale. 

PPS. Someone asked if it was a Canadian issue? This subject has been extensively discussed in the GOLD Forum. Superior Publishing was based in Canada ergo all their books were printed and published in Canada. You won't find a Superior book that was printed in the USA because it just didn't happen. (thumbsu 

Edited by Dubble G

I'm making some FINAL reductions on these books. There will be no more reductions on these in this thread.

Here we go...

HAUNTED THRILLS # 5     WAS  $275      NOW $250

HAUNTED THRILLS # 7     WAS  $75        sold

HAUNTED THRILLS # 9     WAS  $275      NOW $250

MYSTERIES W & S # 1      WAS  $175      NOW  $160

MYSTERIOUS ADVENTURES # 6    WAS  $85    NOW  $75

STRANGE MYSTERIES # 3     sold

STRANGE MYSTERIES # 12    sold

Edited by Dubble G

Hi Guys and Girls.

I have decided now to just collect the odd slab and liquidate my few raw books. I have therefore reduced the price on these books to the knuckle to clear. I am offering further reduced prices together with free shipping. I will also accept time payments on any or all of the stuff offered. Half now, half by end of January if that helps you.

Just to be clear, anyone wanting Time Payments on any or all of the listed books must pay 50% now, and the rest by Jan 31 2019. The 50% down payment is not refundable if you do not follow thru' on the purchase.

I apologise (to those concerned) if some of these new prices are below those offers via pm which were greater and which I may have previously declined. I have since deleted the pms and can't remember who may have offered what.

I'm making this offer in keeping with the spirit of the season, so I hope you have enjoyed a happy and peaceful Christmastime this year.

I'm just posting thumbnails now with the new prices but obviously all the details/pics of the stated books are previously in the thread.

First come first served, and as they say in some stores WTGTG. (When they're gone...they're gone!) :foryou:

All books are unpressed. All books are Unrestored to the best of my detection knowledge (which is pretty good). All Books are complete.

I can't reduce these any further, so if these don't sell, fair enough.

All the best

paul.

Edited by Dubble G