• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic related Xmas gifts recieved this year from family or friends
5 5

39 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, wolverine180 said:

I just opened a gift from a good friend of mine (he has had his hand in the hobby for 40+ years). He knows what a big peanuts fan I am. This year he completely blew me away. I never thought I would own something like this. This is by far the most awesome gift ever to me. Made my next couple x-mas's to be honest. Original sketches. These are roughly 2 inches by 3 inches. But so awesome....

20181222_101015.jpg

Wow!  Those are awesome!  What amazing gifts!

Here’s a nice trio of gifts I received from my mother. Wanted the complete Batman Animated series most of all. Then a couple books (without pictures in them!?! lol) from well known collectors. Corey Taylor is a huge comics nerd and one of my favorite people in general. Always enjoy his writing voice. Then I discovered Jeremy Wagner of the band Broken Hope this year, and wanted to give his latest novel a try. 

A79B3DD4-8F23-4F14-A5E3-D331DB5BF5CE.thumb.jpeg.b4277c78ed417bce72ce8ae32dd84681.jpeg

All of these are AWESOME!!! 

I never get comic stuff, but there is a super Mario comic, right? Anyway, I had never had one of these, but my aunt surprised me with a heat changing mug!! 

15457825934061467757168.jpg

20181225_171949.jpg

4 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

I got some cash, that all goes into the comic fund.  

Ya I did too, as I'm hard to shop for, but this year some of the people who usually do gave things like the mug and others that do gave more....it all balanced out...comic fund saved!

23 minutes ago, Bird said:

DvTWms5X4AA_1Gv.jpg

Daughter #1 bought the statue, I told her where to get it and the hours of the store et al. The glasses are from wifey, she promises to hand wash them if I use them as I never use theones Ihave on display in my comic room. The tee shirt is from my mother-in-law, she gave me one last year and I told her to get me another and wifey provided her with choices. She won't get me any with barely dressed ladies so this year was Death Dealer and last year the sled being pulled by polar bears.

It has been years and years since I got so many gifts that I actually like and asked for directly. Dey done good!!!

That shirt is totally awesome.  I would rock that