• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Three years of purchases piled up
2 2

112 posts in this topic

57 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

home stretch, Im burried in packing supplies...

one more raw GGA book slips in. Bikini shot too!

20181220_234550.thumb.jpg.d5439b7defac73e1f738870bc0373f3a.jpg

dont know who Julia Kruse is, but someone should take her stamp pad away!

Is that Dotty Dripple or Dotty Dimwit?

3 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

I didn’t get it from that thread. That was someone else. I purchased the one I still have from you.

You would know and you did jog my $125 memory!! I should still have those two :flamed: 

Awesome thread! Thanks for sharing and taking us along for the ride. I love getting comics in the mail. I often joke that I should just mail old comics I already own to myself to save money on buying books. My wife thought it was a good idea.  

That Famous Funnies is a gem. Great books and welcome back! 🙂

1 hour ago, JollyComics said:

While you were in Europe, Nick was passed away?

He actually passed away right before I left. I had him sign an Aquaman 35 (only SS copy) and I sold it about a year later to Gator. Knew I wanted a replacement Cardy SS so I gor this one on the boards last year not.long before we moved back to the US.

21 hours ago, miraclemet said:

my favorite non GGA Wings cover

20181220_232658.thumb.jpg.024df39684d3271c8456fbdd3a9db87c.jpg

I've never seen this comic before, but it's a gorgeous piece of work.  I'm dismayed that a 10 minute sketch like Archie 50 gets so much more attention, just because there are boobs.

Flame on!

48 minutes ago, FineCollector said:

I've never seen this comic before, but it's a gorgeous piece of work.  I'm dismayed that a 10 minute sketch like Archie 50 gets so much more attention, just because there are boobs.

Flame on!

What is the story behind the back of that guy's jacket? Did the Chinese flag look like then?

Ok, I answered my own question.

Edited by the blob

10 hours ago, the blob said:

What is the story behind the back of that guy's jacket? Did the Chinese flag look like then?

Ok, I answered my own question.

I cant figger it out

The Chinese flag with -script below it was used to assist Allied airmen who were shot down in China to get back to the Allied side of the lines. The AVG (Flying Tigers) used these, as did others.

From the net: "The old American Volunteer Group, better known as the “Flying Tigers”, was taken into US AAF service as the 14th Air Force in March 1943. Still calling themselves the “Flying Tigers”, they flew P-51 Mustang fighters and B-25 Mitchell bombers against the Japanese in the CBI. Many of those pilots wore US made “blood chits” on their flight jackets to aid in survival and rescue if their aircraft was forced down. One version featured the Nationalist Chinese flag and a message in Chinese, identifying the man as an American aviator, and encouraging locals to offer friendly assistance to the pilot."

Also look up "Blood Chit" on wikipedia for more info.

--ElJay

On 12/21/2018 at 1:01 PM, miraclemet said:

Ok so first, heres a post mark from 2016...20181220_232328.thumb.jpg.c8c920a9ff4f41a9fa640ba4ef958822.jpg

and then heres a book I forgot I bought, and then just bought agaain recently! 

20181220_232257.thumb.jpg.96dbca6a5044e10916bd0163cc5e81b6.jpg

must have been a board buy cause its packing was perfect.

I know who packs like that! Bet it was DeadOne.