• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where to buy CGC mylar bags in Germany?
1 1

6 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, Lowjack said:

Preferably true Mylar bags which fit the current CGC slab size.

There was a thread about this about a month ago concerning the best bags to store CGC slabs in.  It was in Comic General section area I believe.  Not 5 minutes ago I slid a slab into a mylar and it split halfway down one side.  No, I do not know where the "mylar" bag came from or who made it.  In that thread I posted that I thought the mylar was less flexible and more brittle.  Maybe someone should do a pull test vs poly bags or maybe I am just careless.  Sorry, I didn't really answer your question.

On 12/28/2018 at 3:36 PM, Karl Liebl said:

On 12/28/2018 at 3:36 PM, Karl Liebl said:

... Not 5 minutes ago I slid a slab into a mylar and it split halfway down one side.  No, I do not know where the "mylar" bag came from or who made it.  In that thread I posted that I thought the mylar was less flexible and more brittle.  Maybe someone should do a pull test vs poly bags ...

I wonder if the bag was a cheaper version of "mylar" that was not really biaxially-oriented (polymers all lined up with each other in 2 orthogonal directions like east-west and north-south).  Maybe it was PET instead of BoPET.

http://www.wikiwand.com/en/BoPET

Just a guess but a sharp object could easily split/cut a thin plastic that has all of the polymers pointing in one direction (think of splitting wood with the grain)... But not so easy to split a thin plastic if it has "grains" in multiple directions.

--------------

Ture Hoefner

Edited by Turnando