• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC 52 Big Pages (later 48) 25 cent appreciation club
4 4

151 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Phicks said:

Just read a 52 page issue of Forever People last night, which reminded me of the ugly truth: the second half of these books was filled with stinky old reprints.  I cannot claim to be a fan.

Now yes I think those GA stories are boring AF but as a kid i would read ANY COMICS so I liked em.

8 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

reprints were the only way to read back issues back in the day except to buy the original ... so i loved reprints as a kid ....

The huge volume of superman from the 30s to the 70s-got it for christmas-what a great gift that was!!!!   

4 hours ago, Phicks said:

Just read a 52 page issue of Forever People last night, which reminded me of the ugly truth: the second half of these books was filled with stinky old reprints.  I cannot claim to be a fan.

Oh and ps-YOU'RE OUTTA THE CLUB!!!

So did every DC title published during these months get the “Bigger and Better” issues?   

I am supposed to be thinning out my collection but because of all the cool books in this thread and the Infinite Bronze Horror thread I’m buying more than I’m selling. :(

the beauty of this period was I had enough money to buy all the comics I wanted, and went to drug store every month so I got titles I would never have bought before like batman and green lantern and flash and strange adventures.

Completely ignored Marvels sadly.

Edited by kav