• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comics that might become valuable if character ever reintroduced

98 posts in this topic

You're welcome. Been buying copies of this book for a while. It isn't cheap anymore, but I think still is a good buy. It is actually kind of hard to find in grade because (1) no one collected it (2) there's a dark cover (3) the cover is super glossy.

83735731560.189.jpg

5 hours ago, Gaard said:

I haven't really bought a modern comic book in many moons so he may be an oft-used character now, but back in the day this guy was always a head-scratcher as to why he wasn't expanded on.

The Sky-Walker

dd128.jpg

This character stuck in my mind for decades!! There's so much left to tell!!

24 minutes ago, FlyingDonut said:

It is actually kind of hard to find in grade because (1) no one collected it (2) there's a dark cover (3) the cover is super glossy.

Not to mention the :censored: insert and the mega-spaced staples.

You would think that this would hold true but... 

I do not think that the increase in ASM 31 is proportionate to the increase in popularity and media surrounding Spider-Gwen and Gwen-Pool. 

People are spending hundreds on first appearance variants of Gwen something another while ASM 31 has taken only a moderate increase. 

That's okay... I bought up a couple of more ASM 31's instead. 

On the other side of the coin... consider the 1st Groot.  Was anyone really paying attention to that book prior to Groot becoming a Guardian? 

Edited by Buzzetta

3 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

I agree, and I did think of that when I posted it. But compared to its peer group of early Marvel firsts it's not on the radar. But if the topic Is restricted to dollar box dive items, it does not belong. 

As the host of this thread, anything belongs that would see a 5 fold value increase or more.  Or in the case of dollar drek, a 1000 fold increase.

Edited by kav

40 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

You would think that this would hold true but... 

I do not think that the increase in ASM 31 is proportionate to the increase in popularity and media surrounding Spider-Gwen and Gwen-Pool. 

People are spending hundreds on first appearance variants of Gwen something another while ASM 31 has taken only a moderate increase. 

That's okay... I bought up a couple of more ASM 31's instead. 

On the other side of the coin... consider the 1st Groot.  Was anyone really paying attention to that book prior to Groot becoming a Guardian? 

Other than PHM fans, probably very few.

As late as the 34th OSPG (2004), the notes for TTA 13 were "Swipes story from Menace #8". No mention of Groot at all.

-bc

6 hours ago, Gaard said:

I haven't really bought a modern comic book in many moons so he may be an oft-used character now, but back in the day this guy was always a head-scratcher as to why he wasn't expanded on.

The Sky-Walker

dd128.jpg

Was sort of brought back, but it was someone else. Never said who it was. It's been awhile though. 

Who poses like this when ready for battle ???

and ps that rib cage needs extensive orthopedic corrective surgery.  Thoracic chamber way too exposed.

Screenshot 2018-12-22 at 3.05.19 PM.png

Edited by kav

1 minute ago, Not A Clone said:

Looks like his shoulders are dislocated. Must be painful.

and the thoracic/abdominal area-this guy needs to stay away from all combat.