• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any one hear of the Shasta Lake find ?
1 1

17 posts in this topic

https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?item=232929330681&hash=item363bab85f9%3Ag%3AU-UAAOSw0c9bnWpn%3Ark%3A1%3Apf%3A0&_ssn=tonyetrade&_sop=16

AF15 8.0

Hulk 1 8.0

JLA 1 8.5

Action 252 8.0

JIM 84 9.0

etc ...

freshly graded high end stuff.

Edited by Gotham Kid

Roy posted this list in the general threads about this amazing collection he has been a part of. An impressive find indeed.  Here's the list of the books so far he posted and maybe he can chime in.

Amazing Fantasy #15 8.0 OWW

Batman #121 CGC 6.5 OWW

Brave And The Bold #10 CGC 9.4 OWW 

Brave And The Bold #28 CGC 8.5 OW

Fantastic Four #1 CGC 8.5 OWW

Fantastic Four #4 CGC 9.0 White

Fantastic Four #13 CGC 9.2 White

Flash #123 CGC 9.2 OWW

Green Lantern #1 CGC 9.2 White

Incredible Hulk #1 CGC 8.0 White

Journey Into Mystery #83 CGC 7.5 White

Journey Into Mystery #84 CGC 9.0 White

Justice League of America #1 CGC 8.5 OWW

Showcase #24 CGC 9.0 OWW

Strange Tales #89 CGC 8.5 OWW

Tales of Suspense #40 CGC 8.5 White

Tales To Astonish #7 CGC 9.4 OWW

Wonder Woman #98 7.5 Lt/OW

Wonder Woman #105 CGC 7.5 OWW

10 hours ago, showcase22gr1959 said:

Roy posted this list in the general threads about this amazing collection he has been a part of. An impressive find indeed.  Here's the list of the books so far he posted and maybe he can chime in.

Yup.

The owner of the collection got in touch with me to help him market the books.

It's an original owner collection that he literally bought from two little old ladies.

There is a stolen ASM #1 from the collection (it was stolen before the new owners got to it) that is still floating out there somewhere.

Pretty amazing collection of books. The books were fresh looking and for the most part had amazing paper quality. The less expensive books are still being certified.

2 hours ago, VintageComics said:

Yup.

The owner of the collection got in touch with me to help him market the books.

It's an original owner collection that he literally bought from two little old ladies.

There is a stolen ASM #1 from the collection (it was stolen before the new owners got to it) that is still floating out there somewhere.

Pretty amazing collection of books. The books were fresh looking and for the most part had amazing paper quality. The less expensive books are still being certified.

It must have been an honor for you to curate this collection. Especially to handle them raw , view the fresh page quality, smell of vintage material, and adore the higher grade traits of these books.  From the books and depth of this collection, would you rate this a bit better than the Mound City collection? 

In this current stage of CGC tight grading, I sense this collection is better in page quality and should have a consideration of a Pedigree status. I hope they find the ASM 1 and bring the perpetrator to justice. Please keep us updated and continue to enjoy curating the collection. :)

It is comparable to Mound City (an auction I went to and bought from extensively).

It's comparable in the sense of size and depth but this collection seems to be much more all over the place. For example, there were more large keys in this collection but less full runs of the superhero stuff. And this collection was scattered in interest.

It was considered by CGC for Pedigree status but in the end they declined.

It was a lot of fun handling the books, some of which are single highest graded. For example, seeing a brand new looking copy of Brave and the Bold #10 that graded a 9.4 was petty surreal.

Edited by VintageComics

15 hours ago, showcase22gr1959 said:

Amazing Fantasy #15 8.0 OWW

Batman #121 CGC 6.5 OWW

Brave And The Bold #10 CGC 9.4 OWW 

Brave And The Bold #28 CGC 8.5 OW

Fantastic Four #1 CGC 8.5 OWW

Fantastic Four #4 CGC 9.0 White

Fantastic Four #13 CGC 9.2 White

Flash #123 CGC 9.2 OWW

Green Lantern #1 CGC 9.2 White

Incredible Hulk #1 CGC 8.0 White

Journey Into Mystery #83 CGC 7.5 White

Journey Into Mystery #84 CGC 9.0 White

Justice League of America #1 CGC 8.5 OWW

Showcase #24 CGC 9.0 OWW

Strange Tales #89 CGC 8.5 OWW

Tales of Suspense #40 CGC 8.5 White

Tales To Astonish #7 CGC 9.4 OWW

Wonder Woman #98 7.5 Lt/OW

Wonder Woman #105 CGC 7.5 OWW

Holy mother of Mary ...

6 hours ago, namisgr said:

That's a mighty sharp looking JIM #84, Roy.

I love that book. My eye is always caught by a high grade JIM #84

10 hours ago, VintageComics said:

It was considered by CGC for Pedigree status but in the end they declined.

Grades don't seem to be consistently high enough to merit pedigree status for a SA collection, but extremely impressive books!  The B&B 10 in 9.4 certainly stands out. :applause:

I don't mean to hijack this thread but thought you guys would be interested in another recent high grade SA collection. It is coming up for sale on Heritage in 2019. The owner's son posted about it originally on Reddit. Books include AF15 7.5, Avengers 1 9.0, FF1 6.5, JIM 83 9.0, ST110 9.4, X-Men 1 8.0. 

Here is his first post:

Posting some photos of the books: https://www.reddit.com/r/comicbookcollecting/comments/9ai213/selling_my_dads_collection_2/

An update: https://www.reddit.com/r/comicbookcollecting/comments/9u06b5/selling_my_dads_collection_5/

Update with scans: 

Those are really nice books (the collection out of Toronto), but many have unfortunate front cover edge tanning that would inhibit me from paying a premium, were I still buying high grade Silver.