• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED
1 1

19 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

The usual stuff.... No HOS or Probies .... 

PM's and all offers are welcome, but the 1st :takeit: in the thread wins and trumps any pm’s.

Payment by Paypal, Check or M.O. (within a few days unless discussed and agreed upon). 

Shipping in the US is either $10.00 or for higher cost items I can ship USPS Priority + Insurance. 

Int'l please pm me, as I''ll need to figure out a price.

I will accept returns on raw books within ten days of your receipt of the books as long as the books are returned to me as they were when you received them. 

If there is undisclosed restoration on any raw book I will take it back up to 6 months after the purchase. 

As for any raw book return, I ask that you cover the shipping cost back to me unless I missed the restoration or major defect.

Edited by Mxwll Smrt
To reflect current offerings...

First up.... Atlas Precode War!

Some War collectors may recognize the “X” from a Wisconsin Estate

Battle Action #10 (1953)

IMO, F/VF with OW Pages with a Syd Shores Cover of Battle Brady!

Beautiful wet like gloss on cover, incredible eye appeal, crease top right and lower left back cover, printing crease mid - back cover, couple of handling marks.

$125.00

BA.jpg

BA_BC.jpg

Edited by Mxwll Smrt

Next up up.... More Atlas Precode War!

Battle Action 8

IMO, a high grade Atlas war book - and these are tough to come by… this one's about VF- with an incredibly glossy cover that has a touch of wear at edges - see the top right corner. There’s also a tiny white spot on the top edge between r and i in “starring” but no need to worry, its original with the book's production and there’s no break in gloss.

$175.00 SOLD

BA8.jpg

BA8BC.jpg

Edited by Mxwll Smrt

1 minute ago, Mxwll Smrt said:

Next up up.... More Atlas Precode War!

Battle Action 8

IMO, a high grade Atlas war book - and these are tough to come by… this one's about VF- with an incredibly glossy cover that has a touch of wear at edges - see the top right corner. There’s also a tiny white spot on the top edge between r and i in “starring” but no need to worry, its original with the book's production and there’s no break in gloss.

$175.00

BA8.jpg

BA8BC.jpg

Take it

Next up....

This is War 5 (1) from 1952...

This is a nice1st issue that has been bumped on the lower left spine corner and has left a couple of non breaking ripple/creases. Nonetheless, it is beautiful and glossy with three solid corners.

IMO, another higher grade 50’s war book with Toth Art and IMO about F+ to F/VF and with a press a bit higher.

$150.00 SOLD

TIW5.jpg

TIW5BC.jpg

Edited by Mxwll Smrt

Next up....

Battlefront #22 from 1954

Another Atlas War book with a beautiful black cover

IMO, this book is about F/VF with OW pages.

From the scans there’s some obvious creasing that can be seen on the cover and it’s both bright and shiny.

$150.00 SOLD

BF.jpg

BF_BC.jpg

Edited by Mxwll Smrt

5 minutes ago, Mxwll Smrt said:

Next up....

Battlefront #22 from 1954

Another Atlas War book with a beautiful black cover

IMO, this book is about F/VF with OW pages.

From the scans there’s some obvious creasing that can be seen on the cover and it’s both bright and shiny.

$150.00

BF.jpg

BF_BC.jpg

SOLD (BY PM)

Up next....

Strange Adventures 150 (March 1963) with a really great Murphy Anderson greytone cover…

IMO, a very nice presenting book in F/VF to maybe VF- condition

$75.00 SOLD

SA150.jpg

SA150BC.jpg

Edited by Mxwll Smrt

3 hours ago, Mxwll Smrt said:

Next up....

This is a nice1st issue that has been bumped on the lower left spine corner and has left a couple of non breaking ripple/creases. Nonetheless, it is beautiful and glossy with three solid corners.

IMO, another higher grade 50’s war book with Toth Art and IMO about F+ to F/VF and with a press a bit higher.

$150.00

TIW5.jpg

TIW5BC.jpg

Very very difficult book to find

4 minutes ago, buttock said:

Very very difficult book to find

I don't imagine there are many in the places you routinely look..., :whistle: 

7 hours ago, Mxwll Smrt said:

Next up....

$150.00

TIW5.jpg

TIW5BC.jpg

:takeit:

Strange Tales 57 (April 1957)

Bill Everett cover

This is a nice copy - lays flat with excellent cover color.

IMO it’s a F/VF to VF- with OW pages because of the slight creasing/marks along the spine (see back cover), the slight bump at the bottom of the spine and the crease that can barely be seen along the bottom right front edge (it ever so barely breaks color and could possibly be pressed out).

Regardless of the aforementioned, the book presents quite wonderfully.

$250.00 SOLD

SR57.jpg

ST57BC.jpg

Edited by Mxwll Smrt

A few books left ... with price reductions...closing the thread tomorrow morning...

Battle Action #10 (1953)  $125.00   $100.00

Strange Adventures 150 (March 1963) $75.00   $50.00

Strange Tales 57 (April 1957) $250.00   $225.00   SOLD BY PM

Edited by Mxwll Smrt

On 12/22/2018 at 6:28 PM, Mxwll Smrt said:

Up next....

Strange Adventures 150 (March 1963) with a really great Murphy Anderson greytone cover…

IMO, a very nice presenting book in F/VF to maybe VF- condition

$75.00

SA150.jpg

SA150BC.jpg

Take at 50.00