• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four #243 mistake on CGC label?

9 posts in this topic

I bought this Fantastic Four #243 CGC 9.8, but I am confused by the CGC label. It says "Marvel Legends Action Figure promotional. Polybag removed." However, I don't think a marvel legends version of Fantastic Four #243 even exists. 

From what I can tell, this comic looks 100% identical to the original Fantastic Four #243. Is this a mistake on the CGC label?

IMG_9647.JPG

IMG_9648.JPG

7 hours ago, JTD said:

I hope the 9.8 is correct...is it possible that the complete label is wrong and the right label was misapplied to another comic and is actually a 9.6?...just wondering...

You have a point, though it looks 9.8 from the pic. I think a label error like this is pretty cool and would leave it as is. Not a big deal for me.

On 12/23/2018 at 6:13 AM, JTD said:

I hope the 9.8 is correct...is it possible that the complete label is wrong and the right label was misapplied to another comic and is actually a 9.6?...just wondering...

The grade is fine.  It's just that when it was entered into the computer system, the wrong "Fantastic Four #243" was selected.

On 12/23/2018 at 2:15 AM, BradleyX2 said:

Yes, it's an error label.

You can send it back to CGC and it will be fixed for free.

But, would he have to pay the shipping both ways?  For something that was not his fault in any way?

14 minutes ago, Spidey 62 said:

But, would he have to pay the shipping both ways?  For something that was not his fault in any way?

In the case of a clerical error like this, the owner has to pay for shipping initially, but will get reimbursed for the shipping after the package is received.