• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FAKE??
3 3

31 posts in this topic

On 1/11/2019 at 1:21 AM, INKREDIBLE BULK said:

Didn't realize that he was now selling copies of the originals. Thought that the pieces were sent back. Still something is so odd with the bordered marvel universe. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Anyone see this one in auction closing tonight sitting at $100???

hgvhkvkhvhkv.thumb.jpg.2a28e717b6a606b19b01a12a6313d81b.jpg

Edited by Blastaar

1 hour ago, Blastaar said:

Anyone see this one in auction closing tonight sitting at $100???

hgvhkvkhvhkv.thumb.jpg.2a28e717b6a606b19b01a12a6313d81b.jpg

Pretty sure that's the only original sketch still up for sale. Was tempted on bidding on it last time but I went for the Electro instead. This one ended up receiving no bids, so the seller decreased the starting price.

I don't want to open another tread with the title Fake,
maybe we can keep using this one
to post questions about art that we believe questionable.

What is the consensus on this paul gulacy pages by a seller with only 9 feedback...?

Link...

Edited by MagnusX

4 hours ago, Unca Ben said:

Unless Gulacy somehow became a middleschooler, it's a fake.

4 hours ago, Unca Ben said:

actually, maybe it isn't. It used to be in CAF, and it's still on gulacy.com

mea culpa.

It's with sadness that I post this but getting old is a fact of life. The skill to managing that successfully when in the public eye is called (cue endless Seinfeld clips): going out on a high note. Easy to write that but maybe not as easy to live it if one didn't plan their financial future out when the money was still coming in easy...

Gulacy has lost "it". I recognized the piece in question as authentic when posted, even without checking his site, because it looks just as bad as everything else he's done the last ten, fifteen years. It's genuinely awful, not fake, and unfortunately to the trained eye these pieces have a certain stylistic consistency of awful-ness, they are pretty easy to authenticate.