• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How many Edgar Church/Mile Highs do you currently own?
2 2

55 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Timely said:

There was a reported 14,000-22,000 Edgar Church/Mile Highs in the collection originally.

13 hours ago, jimbo_7071 said:

Your estimate is the highest one that I've seen for the collection.

Doesn't seem that particularly high to me.  

As a matter of fact, Timely's low end of the range appears to be the lowest one that I've ever seen at only 14,000 books.  (shrug)

The number that I've always heard is a range from 18,000 up to 22,000 books, with the most common numbers tossed around being either 18,000 or 20,000 books or thereabouts.  If it's only 18,000 books, then Chuck might have to go back and ask the old lady for a $200 rebate since the story I heard is that she charged Chuck $2,000 for the lot on the assumption that there were 20,000 books at 10 cents a pop for a grand total of $2,000.  :takeit:

She probably thought Chuck was some young and foolish whippersnapper who she could hosed by charging full cover price for some used and second hand comic books.  Especially since he would then have to also remove at his own expense from the property that she was apparently hoping to sell once the house was cleared of all of the "worthless garbage" inside.  doh!  

As for my count of Church books, I believe I have only a couple with any significant value and probably around a dozen or so in total if you include all of the relatively minor books which i can't even remember now.  

Edited by lou_fine

1 hour ago, Straw-Man said:

BP, your ped collection humbles and amazes me.  Examples of every ped and from the collection of notated by CGC is complete, correct?  I know I see upgrades too that you post.

Edited by telerites

56 minutes ago, telerites said:

BP, your ped collection humbles and amazes me.  Examples of every ped and from the collection of notated by CGC is complete, correct?  I know I see upgrades too that you post.

i count file copies, and there are a couple of those that I have seen, but not yet tracked down.  complete other than those.  

thanks, sir!

On 12/23/2018 at 11:11 AM, Timely said:

There was a reported 14,000-22,000 Edgar Church/Mile Highs in the collection originally. I thought it would be in interesting and fun to see how many are currently owned by board members. Perhaps we can keep a running tally. 

Many of us have shared specifics of what we have, others are more private. Feel free to be specific or vague, but just be accurate with your current total count.

Board members:

Timely: 21 Edgar Church/Mile High Copies

That surprises me.  I would have guessed a much higher total for you.  

I honestly don't know how many I have.  A significant number I think, including what I believe is the copy with the lowest grade. :acclaim:

2018-06-11-0001_zpslqw9n9mb.jpg

Edited by Sqeggs

3 minutes ago, comicparadox said:

Sqeggs, that Comics #8 has amazing colors. Can’t believe it graded a 1.5...Even if a rat chewed away the rest of the book, it’s a winnah!

The spine is split most of the way.  I could probably get it into a green label with a much higher grade.  But then I wouldn't have bragging rights to the lowest graded copy!

4 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

I honestly don't know how many I have.  A significant number I think, including what I believe is the copy with the lowest grade. :acclaim:

I've owned about 300 total, but sold most to buy Timely's back in 2000-2002.

6 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

This is without a doubt the best looking 1.5 book in history!