• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How many Edgar Church/Mile Highs do you currently own?
2 2

55 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, tth2 said:
9 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

That surprises me.  I would have guessed a much higher total for you.  

I honestly don't know how many I have.  A significant number I think, including what I believe is the copy with the lowest grade. :acclaim:

2018-06-11-0001_zpslqw9n9mb.jpg

This is without a doubt the best looking 1.5 book in history!

+1

I must say that I am in 100% agreement with Tim here.  (thumbsu

From my point of view, I personally believe this CGC 1.5, although technically correct due to the spine split, is virtually meaningless since it doesn't really tell me much about the visual condition grade of the book here.  I probably would have prefer the Green label here with the higher grade since it is probably more representative of the overall condition of the book.  hm  (shrug)

1 hour ago, cheetah said:

I think I have about 40 left.

Hi Jeff - hope you and your family are having a very happy holiday season.  Always happy to see you drop in.  

I had asked earlier if you kept any and glad to see you did.  Saw you post them in the other MH Church thread.  Just amazing books!

I probably have around 25-30 of them. Mostly all raw. I was one of the lucky buyers that got them at the Casual Con when Chuck first brought them out for sale. I was heavily into SOTI, Parade of Pleasure and censorship books and PCH at the time so most of mine are not coded. I also went for quantity at the time and was buying books that were a little more under the radar. Most I can identify easily but there are a few that time has eroded my memory on. I haven’t graded any of them mainly because I like them raw and have no proof that they are Church copies. I doubt they would just take my word on it. Is there anybody at CGC who is an expert at pedigrees anymore? I know West could tell in a second but he is no longer there.

3 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Is there anybody at CGC who is an expert at pedigrees anymore?

Matt Nelson

7 hours ago, Robot Man said:

I probably have around 25-30 of them. Mostly all raw. I was one of the lucky buyers that got them at the Casual Con when Chuck first brought them out for sale.

I am actually a bit surprised with your relative low count as I thought you would have had a lot more, considering that you pretty much had first dibs on them after Burrell pulled his first $10,000 worth out.  

7 hours ago, Robot Man said:

I probably have around 25-30 of them. Mostly all raw. I was one of the lucky buyers that got them at the Casual Con when Chuck first brought them out for sale.

I am actually a bit surprised with your relative low count as I thought you would have had a lot more, considering that you pretty much had first dibs on them after Burrell pulled his first $10,000 worth out.  

I sold or traded off a lot of them before they were known as a pedigree for stuff I wanted more. I also sold a lot when they were a known pedigree for my kid's educations I always (at the time) got a pretty big advantage because of the condition. I really never had any of the earlier coded or super hero titles anyway. I was a quantity over quality guy at the time and had no money anyway. If I only had been able to read the future...

Edited by Robot Man