• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,105 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, atomised said:

Would be helpful to partition out the golden age books for example.  You can search for pedigree and artist but not for Silver or Golden Age?  Seems silly.

That's actually a very good idea and somebody should probably suggest it to them.  (thumbsu

Would certainly help in terms of not wasting your time trying to skip through all of those listings with Marvel books which are so ubiquitous and common that I never even look at any of them on any of the auction sites.

25 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

That's actually a very good idea and somebody should probably suggest it to them.  (thumbsu

Would certainly help in terms of not wasting your time trying to skip through all of those listings with Marvel books which are so ubiquitous and common that I never even look at any of them on any of the auction sites.

Just bid on centaurs and forget the rest!

1 hour ago, G.A.tor said:

Well, just checked and I am still high bidder on several of the Centaurs lots for now.  (thumbsu

Highly doubt this will be the case in the end though as it certainly looks like the serious bidding for this auction hasn't even really started yet.

7 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Well, just checked and I am still high bidder on several of the Centaurs lots for now.  (thumbsu

Highly doubt this will be the case in the end though as it certainly looks like the serious bidding for this auction hasn't even really started yet.

I haven’t looked, but my bidding experience is last day things start to take shape 

On 12/27/2018 at 12:21 PM, jimbo_7071 said:

The CC archives do not appear to be complete. I tried to look up some of the books I've had an eye on in recent years, and some of them do not show up; it may be that the buyer or seller can request to have an item removed.

For me, Heritage is the best choice for high-dollar books; CLink for others.  My results showed the higher BP in Heritage was paid for in a higher hammer price.  Both usually cost me about 10% from what I paid when viewed in bulk.

I wouldn’t sell on Metro or CC.  Lots of reasons but don’t really want to get blocked from the boards so soon after getting back. 

59 minutes ago, cheetah said:

For me, Heritage is the best choice for high-dollar books; CLink for others.  My results showed the higher BP in Heritage was paid for in a higher hammer price.  Both usually cost me about 10% from what I paid when viewed in bulk.

I wouldn’t sell on Metro or CC.  Lots of reasons but don’t really want to get blocked from the boards so soon after getting back. 

Personally, I think that each one of these 3 major auction sites have their own particular niche and target client base.  So, it's really a matter of the book you are thinking of selling and identifying which one of the auction sites will leave your pockets bulging the most after all of the fees have been paid for.  hm

Of course, you also need a little bit of luck sometimes and hope that there's just 2 deep pocketed hungry bidders that has their eyeballs on your listing when it comes up, instead of being away on vacation somewhere or busy doing who knows what, instead of paying attention to the auction.  :wishluck:

17 minutes ago, rob_react said:
4 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

Just bid on centaurs Daredevils and forget the rest!

Well, I went looking for the Daredevil's and could't find a single one in there.  lol

GA that is, but I did notice this HTF in grade beauty on the same page that's already at $5,400:

cri20.116a.jpg

Seems to be quite a few nice Crime books in this go round here.  Some already right up there in price and yet some others that's barely cracking the $100 mark.  hm

Edited by lou_fine

3 hours ago, cheetah said:

Great to have you back and active, Jeff.  Your post made think about missing your dealer reviews, comparing their raw grades to the received slabbed grades.  Hope you continue to stay active as much as you can.

On 3/6/2019 at 11:34 AM, lou_fine said:

Uh on, I guess the CLink auction must be all over and done with.  hm

Looks like I am starting to get quite a few Outbid notices in my email box for some of the lots which I had placed a bid on in the current CC auction that is going to wrap up starting next week.  :mad:

27 minutes ago, jimbo_7071 said:

Has the spine been moved? I can't get a good enough look on my Android to tell. I don't see obvious RSR, but it looks like it has spine ticks on the back but not the front, which seems a liitle atypical.

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=803485

I think it is a case of a black cover shows everything and such a pretty book.My guess is that book will more than double that price right now :smile:

Edited by comicjack

13 hours ago, comicjack said:

I think it is a case of a black cover shows everything and such a pretty book.My guess is that book will more than double that price right now :smile:

Hoping a lot of books will more than double. I’ve got quite a few listed. Only a couple days left and prices are soft, soft, soft.

1 hour ago, BarristerBaker said:

Hoping a lot of books will more than double. I’ve got quite a few listed. Only a couple days left and prices are soft, soft, soft.

Not to worry, as with CC's auction format, a lot of the serious bidding doesn't really get done until the 3-minute extended bidding sessions kicks in.

Especially if you have an in- demand book.  Since it sounds as though you have several books listed in this auction, if you give us an example of one of them, we might be able to give you a better idea of where the book might end up. hm

On 3/6/2019 at 11:42 AM, G.A.tor said:
On 3/6/2019 at 11:34 AM, lou_fine said:

I haven’t looked, but my bidding experience is last day things start to take shape 

Definitely a calmer and more controlled person than I am.  (thumbsu

I think if I ever have any books in an auction, I would be checking on them almost every day even though it could be a bit deflating at the start.  Looks like the prices have gone up on the "A's" and the other books scheduled for the first day of the auction.  I imagine they'll go up even more by tomorrow morning before the real action (hopefully at least) kicks in at the end.  :taptaptap:

3 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Definitely a calmer and more controlled person than I am.  (thumbsu

I think if I ever have any books in an auction, I would be checking on them almost every day even though it could be a bit deflating at the start.  Looks like the prices have gone up on the "A's" and the other books scheduled for the first day of the auction.  I imagine they'll go up even more by tomorrow morning before the real action (hopefully at least) kicks in at the end.  :taptaptap:

I hope

Although I’m not really a Centaur collector, I have been lucky enough to grab a few over the years. Your thread featuring all of them was epic and made me add quite a few to my list. There are a few I will raise the ante on but know I will be blown out of the water I suspect. For those who actively seek these, I suspect if you didn’t get any of Jon’s this could be your only chance. A stunning array of books. I know you will be rewarded for your persistence in putting this collection Rick!

8 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Although I’m not really a Centaur collector, I have been lucky enough to grab a few over the years. Your thread featuring all of them was epic and made me add quite a few to my list. There are a few I will raise the ante on but know I will be blown out of the water I suspect. For those who actively seek these, I suspect if you didn’t get any of Jon’s this could be your only chance. A stunning array of books. I know you will be rewarded for your persistence in putting this collection Rick!

Bravo