• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,122 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:
6 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

Yes. They were all from same collection

A lot of eye candy in those two AMFs!

Rick: did collector "S" have a lot of books? If so, why not a ped?

Not too sure, but didn't somebody on the boards here once say that the "S" Collection was dispersed very early on in the life cycle of the hobby and even before collectors came up with the idea of pedigrees?  ???  (shrug)

As for the AMF V2 #2 eye candy here:

ama2.215a.jpg

Absolutely love this book here and so much in fact, that I was fortunate enough to snap up Jon Berk's beautiful 8.0 Conserved copy a short couple summers ago.  :luhv:

Of course, my better half said to me at the time that I must be the only silly fool willing to pay that kind of money for that comic book.  Took my cell phone up to show her when Rick's copy here was hitting 4X what I had paid for Berk's copy.  My wife just said there must be an even sillier fool than me out there when the book finally closed at over 5X what I had paid for Jon's copy.  lol  :whee:

Edited by lou_fine

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

Was't this one already pushing around $4,100 yesterday morning and ended up only marginally higher at $4,655 by the time it was all said and done?  ???

It was still at $2,800 about 10 minutes before auction end.  I thought I had a chance!

Clearly the “S” is for Stan, it’s Stan Lee’s stash of Centaurs as a teenage kid.  Who knew?  He had an affinity for the Amazing Mystery books, no surprise,  must have inspired Amazing Spider-Man and Marvel Mystery.  The secret is out...

...Thought about becoming the 'Other Fishler' and (start) hoarding that gorgeous copy of AMF V2#11 Robot cover :idea:

Respectable price, but for that grade :cloud9: and cover which i think is just as enigmatic as some of the earlier more coveted AMF issues, it was a bargain imho. 

Oh well, i have my copy at least. 

15 minutes ago, entalmighty1 said:

Was't this one already pushing around $4,100 yesterday morning and ended up only marginally higher at $4,655 by the time it was all said and done?  ???

It was still at $2,800 about 10 minutes before auction end.  I thought I had a chance!

My bad then as it's hard to keep track of them all.  :facepalm:

It must have been one of the other early AMF's that was sitting at $4,100 and the rest of them (except for the should have been mine V1 #3 lol) were sitting somewhere in the $3K range at the time. (thumbsu

22 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

My bad then as it's hard to keep track of them all.  :facepalm:

It must have been one of the other early AMF's that was sitting at $4,100 and the rest of them (except for the should have been mine V1 #3 lol) were sitting somewhere in the $3K range at the time. (thumbsu

No, it was already at $4100.  That was a very strong closing price.  I thought I had a realistic shot at the AMF 2.5 at $13K, but it closed at 1.7X the last sale from a year and a half ago with Rick out of the market.  I hate when others have my same good taste in comics. 

21 minutes ago, buttock said:

No, it was already at $4100.  That was a very strong closing price.  I thought I had a realistic shot at the AMF 2.5 at $13K, but it closed at 1.7X the last sale from a year and a half ago with Rick out of the market.  I hate when others have my same good taste in comics. 

Well, that's what happens when Rick's reputation scares away all of the other big money bidders. lol

With Rick now out of the market, they all come back in thinking they now have a realistic chance at getting the books. hm

23 minutes ago, buttock said:

Hope springs eternal. At least, until some other @&%! bidder gets in the way!

4 minutes ago, circumstances said:
1 hour ago, woowoo said:

Thank you!

Wouldn't it be a lot simpler to just go back to the email that CC sent to you back on February 26th for yesterday's portion of the auction. :gossip:

You would then have links to every single lot that was auctioned off yesterday.  (thumbsu

Well, that's what happens when Rick's reputation scares away all of the other big money bidders. lol

With Rick now out of the market, they all come back in thinking they now have a realistic chance at getting the books. hm

I'm curious if this is a thing.  For a while I wasn't even pursuing Centaurs because I figured I'd be competing with Rick.  Hey @G.A.tor, you need to start bidding on your books again!

Wouldn't it be a lot simpler to just go back to the email that CC sent to you back on February 26th for yesterday's portion of the auction. :gossip:

You would then have links to every single lot that was auctioned off yesterday.  (thumbsu

Not me. I didn't know Rick was selling his Centaurs until three days ago.

13 minutes ago, circumstances said:

Not me. I didn't know Rick was selling his Centaurs until three days ago.

Obviously you are not spending enough time on the boards here then.  (tsk)

Well, at least you arrived just in time to watch all of the fireworks here for the rest of this week.  (thumbsu

39 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Obviously you are not spending enough time on the boards here then.  (tsk)

Well, at least you arrived just in time to watch all of the fireworks here for the rest of this week.  (thumbsu

As long as the prices realized don't tempt me into selling mine!

Well, all I can say is that this one here is already motoring right along:

cin1.24a.jpg

This book here seems to have been bouncing up and down like a yo-yo the past few years.  :juggle:

Looks like this is on another uptick on this go-round since it's already at $2K with a hour and a half left until the real action starts.

Makes me wonder where it's going to end this time. hm  :taptaptap: