• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,095 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, buttock said:

I'm curious if this is a thing.  For a while I wasn't even pursuing Centaurs because I figured I'd be competing with Rick.  Hey @G.A.tor, you need to start bidding on your books again!

Hehe

29 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:
2 hours ago, buttock said:

I'm curious if this is a thing.  For a while I wasn't even pursuing Centaurs because I figured I'd be competing with Rick.  Hey @G.A.tor, you need to start bidding on your books again!

Hehe

So, it's all your fault as you are the culprit that causing all of these astronomical prices in the Centaurs.  :frustrated:

Like buttock said, you better start bidding on them again.  lol

Edited by lou_fine

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

Well, all I can say is that this one here is already motoring right along:

cin1.24a.jpg

This book here seems to have been bouncing up and down like a yo-yo the past few years.  :juggle:

Looks like this is on another uptick on this go-round since it's already at $2K with a hour and a half left until the real action starts.

Makes me wonder where it's going to end this time. hm  :taptaptap:

and with 5 minutes left its at $2050!

2 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

I dont play in the deep end, but made a few sales and was able to pick up one of my glaring holes in my GA Sci-Fi collection. 

Held high bid from start of the auction and went wire to wire. I passed on the CGC 2.0 that sold on eBay last week ($830, cover detached, subscription crease pieces missing) and crossed my fingers that this one would stay around $1600, but was prepared to defend the castle. Old slab to boot.. maybe I'll get it reholdered and see if that cover can be straightened out!

captainflight11.jpg.a877619a3475047c1cb49640ea63fb19.jpg

nice.  keep that crooked old slab

2 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

I was not going to try and upgrade my current copy, but I couldn't help it.  Comics Anonymous will be serving cookies and restraints starting on Friday at 10am. 

com1.300a.jpg

Great pick up Sha :applause:

..(and remember you promised me a seat. Sugar cookies :wishluck: )

Just now, sagii said:

Great pick up Sha :applause:

..(and remember you promised me a seat. Sugar cookies :wishluck: )

Sure, Corey, they will match the handcuffs I'm also serving...I think white is a good color for the special comic collector restraints I'm ordering from Amazon;);)

and thanks, lol. I had a 5.0 I sold to someone who was collecting specific logos last year, then I missed it, so I bought a 4.5doh!...A friend told me I should never sell a book because I'll miss it and have to replace it. If I could only AFFORD to do that...financially, mentally and space wise;) 

23 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

I dont play in the deep end, but made a few sales and was able to pick up one of my glaring holes in my GA Sci-Fi collection. 

Held high bid from start of the auction and went wire to wire. I passed on the CGC 2.0 that sold on eBay last week ($830, cover detached, subscription crease pieces missing) and crossed my fingers that this one would stay around $1600, but was prepared to defend the castle. Old slab to boot.. maybe I'll get it reholdered and see if that cover can be straightened out!

captainflight11.jpg.a877619a3475047c1cb49640ea63fb19.jpg

I love this cover, Charlie...great pick up!

2 hours ago, twmjr1 said:

Tried for a dozen Centaurs so far, and I've pulled back a nub. Bidding on these is extremely strong IMO. 

Try harder :wishluck:

2 hours ago, lou_fine said:

So, it's all your fault as you are the culprit that causing all of these astronomical prices in the Centaurs.  :frustrated:

Like buttock said, you better start bidding on them again.  lol

Astronomical? Maybe I should peak?