• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,065 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

I believe $3050. I dropped out at $2400 but still believe the buyer made a great purchase.

Cool. I have either a 6.0 or 6.5 (can’t remember). Glad there’s good demand 

3 hours ago, batman_fan said:

Okay, I literally just filled my diaper (thank god I was wearing two !)

Batman 7, 7.0, OW pages $8950 

Just typing that made me fill my second diaper.  :whatthe:

I think you've got to start wearing more than 2 diapers for some of these auction results here.  Either that or have a whole pack of them ready to change out whenever you see a result like this Batman 7 or the ones with respect to Blue Beetle 54, Blue Bolt 115, and the likes.  :whatthe:  :flipbait:

As for me, I ended up missing all of the fun and action once the middle of the B's started because I had to drive my daughter and son-in-law back home once they came back from snow boarding over their extended weekend.  :mad:

3 hours ago, sagii said:
3 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

I was not going to try and upgrade my current copy, but I couldn't help it.  Comics Anonymous will be serving cookies and restraints starting on Friday at 10am. 

com1.300a.jpg

Great pick up Sha :applause:

..(and remember you promised me a seat. Sugar cookies :wishluck: )

+1

It's never a bad idea to pick up books like these old time favorites at a reasonable price when a good portion of the market seems to have gone ballistics.  (thumbsu

Congrats on picking up another DC beauty to add to your personal collection.  :applause:

3 hours ago, batman_fan said:

Okay, I literally just filled my diaper (thank god I was wearing two !)

Batman 7, 7.0, OW pages $8950 

Just typing that made me fill my second diaper.  :whatthe:

Depend® For Men is recommended in situations like these!

2 hours ago, lbcolefan said:

Won this one tonight!

I’ve been focused on this book since I saw the preview last December. It’s been at the top of my want list for years.

I was the underbidder on the other 8.5 back in 2007. It sold for around $450 back then. I had to pay a little more this time!

2A95B982-4617-41F0-BEF9-FBD3FB362F89.jpeg

All I can say is that your definition of "a little more" is quite different from my definition of "a little more".  :baiting:

Maybe we should take a survey here:

Who else here says that $7,400 is just "a little more" than $450?  lol

1 hour ago, G.A.tor said:
1 hour ago, ThothAmon said:

I believe $3050. I dropped out at $2400 but still believe the buyer made a great purchase.

Cool. I have either a 6.0 or 6.5 (can’t remember). Glad there’s good demand 

Like anything else though, you need to have a bit of luck sometimes.

If you check the Heritage archives, you'll notice that a CGC 6.0 graded copy sold for $2,868 back in November of 2016.  They were then able to sell a raw VG+ copy for a shade under $1,800 back in October of 2017.  And yet, only a few short months later in February of 2018, they were able to sell another CGC 6.0 graded copy, but this time for only $1,314.50.

Same thing with CC as their archives indicated they sold a CGC 4.5 graded copy for $1,450 back in March of 2017.  Unfortunately, the winner must have decided to resell it as this exact same copy sold for only $1,263 in CC's December 2017 Event Auction.  

A check of the CL Exchange indicates only 1 CGC 6.0 graded copy selling for $2,100.   Hmmm..........interesting since this one appears to be the Heritage copy that had sold for $2,868 back in 2016 and now resubbed back into CGC and regraded in January of 2018.  Looks like the original Heritage purchaser must have lost money in terms of both the resub related fees and lower auction result on the second go round with CL.  :frown:

That's why I said the prices on this book appears to be like a yo-yo, but the CC consignor seems to have cashed in on the upswing this time with what appears to be a record price for this grade.  (thumbsu

24 minutes ago, BarristerBaker said:

Had sights on one book. Got it. Satiated.

19ADA49F-26D7-49CD-BBE4-167923C76257.thumb.jpeg.2f6638c17ae8f15231bfce887c373bf3.jpeg

Wow, fantastic pickup of what sounds to be a really tough book to find, especially in anything close to this grade for what is apparently a real HTF 100 pager squarebound book.  Certainly can't go wrong when there's only 2 in the census with the other copy being only a CGC 3.5 graded copy. :applause:

Personally, it saves me a bit of time from having to contact my friend to check to see if he had won the book since he had also expressed an interest in it.  I should phone him anyways just to bug him, because I bet that he probably dropped out well before it got close to this final price.  Come to think of it, he's the type that dithers around so much that he probably couldn't even make up his mind whether he should bid on it or not.  :taptaptap:   :taptaptap: :frustrated:

Edited by lou_fine

Funny pages and funny picture stories and fantoman opportunires tonight I believe. 

My favorite centaur of all time, funny pages 40 is available...a stunning Cgc 8.5. Can I bid , please?

Edited by G.A.tor

10 hours ago, Point Five said:

Anyone got figures for the other LB Cole Blue Bolts that sold?  (I don't seem to get those Comicconnect link emails anymore.) :(

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=803097

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=787092

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=785080

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=803099

7 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Wow, fantastic pickup of what sounds to be a really tough book to find, especially in anything close to this grade for what is apparently a real HTF 100 pager squarebound book.  Certainly can't go wrong when there's only 2 in the census with the other copy being only a CGC 3.5 graded copy. :applause:

Personally, it saves me a bit of time from having to contact my friend to check to see if he had won the book since he had also expressed an interest in it.  I should phone him anyways just to bug him, because I bet that he probably dropped out well before it got close to this final price.  Come to think of it, he's the type that dithers around so much that he probably couldn't even make up his mind whether he should bid on it or not.  :taptaptap:   :taptaptap: :frustrated:

It was either this or the New Mutants 98 CGC 9.4. Chose the former, after much teeth gnashing. ;-)