• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,156 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, rob_react said:
14 hours ago, batman_fan said:

:whatthe:  You sold your Daredevils ?!

I did. I wrote up why a little while ago. TL/DR; I was bored with collecting long runs, 1100+ graded comics was too many for me to handle, and seemed like it would be fun. It was.

Read your background story and I can certainly understand your sentiments in terms of putting a decade long quest of your cherished books back into the marketplace.

Amazing fortitude on your part and congrats on your big sale.  (thumbsu :applause:

5 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

Funny pages and funny picture stories and fantoman opportunires tonight I believe. 

My favorite centaur of all time, funny pages 40 is available...a stunning Cgc 8.5. Can I bid , please?

You've got outstanding taste as the Funny Pages 40 is definitely the best cover in the entire FP run. :luhv:

Had the high bid in on that book off and on over the past couple of weeks, but sadly not anymore. :frown:

As for what's coming up in this evening's session, since I am an equal opportunity GA collector, we should not forget about some of those juicy and rather nice looking Nedors (i.e. Exciting's) and Fiction House (i.e. Fight and Jungle's) books.  Especially in terms of the tempting price points where they are sitting at right now.  hm  hm

3 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Read your background story and I can certainly understand your sentiments in terms of putting a decade long quest of your cherished books back into the marketplace.

Amazing fortitude on your part and congrats on your big sale.  (thumbsu :applause:

Thanks! Putting them together was truly a lot of fun. Cataloging and selling them was fun, too.  It's a good arc. :headbang:

11 hours ago, rob_react said:

I did. I wrote up why a little while ago. TL/DR; I was bored with collecting long runs, 1100+ graded comics was too many for me to handle, and seemed like it would be fun. It was.

Great write-up, Rob.  Always enjoy your "It's All Just Comics," posts.  I wish I had some of your ability to pare down the collection.  I still have my first comic book, Defenders #1 from 1972.

16 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

I can help you with that.

13 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

Mr B is sort of like one of those people that help hoarders clean out their homes only he focuses on comics only and they don't go in a dumpster.

New reality TV show called Collector's Anonymous starring Mr. B as the Houston Hoarder Helper.

31 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

Mr B is sort of like one of those people that help hoarders clean out their homes only he focuses on comics only and they don't go in a dumpster.

MrB is like the Marie Kondo of the comic community.  He'll help you say goodbye to your collective clutter and even pull a Bedrock City van up to remove your burden.  (thumbsu

8 minutes ago, atomised said:

ok now the wallet drain has started but I'm happy with the price I got it for

det1.15915a.jpg

Anything less than 8k a bargain

21 minutes ago, atomised said:

ok now the wallet drain has started but I'm happy with the price I got it for

det1.15915a.jpg

That's another book I covered last week. I had no idea how valuable that book was, even in low grade. 

5 minutes ago, woowoo said:

I was the big winner than it went to Extended Bidding guess I have to keep going (shrug)

FUNNY PICTURE STORIES Volume 3 #2

3rd time the charm :wishluck:

oops! Just read your post.

Lots of Tug of War on certain lots tonight 

You can do it!

Edited by sagii