• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,123 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Peter;

How close are you to completing your pre-Robin 'Tec run now?  hm

I'm focused on upgrading the restored copies. The Tec 28 8.5 would have been nice. I was under-bidder in the extended time format. Congrats to whomever won it for 72. As someone mentioned in the Cap1 thread, I was going up against someone with bigger balls. Seeing as how I likely won't have another shot at a Universal 28 this year, will focus on getting a nice 36. :wishluck:

Edited by Gotham Kid

6 hours ago, rob_react said:

That's another book I covered last week. I had no idea how valuable that book was, even in low grade. 

what did detective 38 and 168 end up at?

Edited by byosti

8 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

I'm focused on upgrading the restored copies. The Tec 28 8.5 would have been nice. I was under-bidder in the extended time format. Congrats to whomever won it for 72. As someone mentioned in the Cap1 thread, I was going up against someone with bigger balls. Seeing as how I likely won't have another shot at a Universal 28 this year, will focus on getting a nice 36. :wishluck:

If you would have won the Tec 28 you would have  the-face-you-make-after-leaving-the-gym.jpg.87dcee7829e62a2838d7cd64cf521341.jpg I want your restored copy if find a unrestored :takeit:

3 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

Yes. Like a run of keen “detective” funnies tonight!

The 2 I wanted was under 170 and the other was 288 when I started at the end. I could not hm I was the high bidder 8 times and lost :frown: but I did get the bid up on those 2 (thumbsu

Tonight I have all my money and will have fun :wishluck: Would have been nice if the label read From the G.A.tor gatorhead-blue.jpg.f721041c9bcaf0d649ecfb5a2385a266.jpgcollection :idea:

34 minutes ago, woowoo said:

The 2 I wanted was under 170 and the other was 288 when I started at the end. I could not hm I was the high bidder 8 times and lost :frown: but I did get the bid up on those 2 (thumbsu

Tonight I have all my money and will have fun :wishluck: Would have been nice if the label read From the G.A.tor gatorhead-blue.jpg.f721041c9bcaf0d649ecfb5a2385a266.jpgcollection :idea:

That would have been cool for sure. 

24 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

If I’m not alphabetically challenged, 4 or 5 of the rarest comics that exist (not just centaur) will be up for auction tonight. 

Gator, after the complete auction close tomorrow night can you post for us 12 books under different circumstances you would have kept using either (or a combination) of the following criteria: 1)super rarity, 2)high dollar value, and 3) just a personal favorite .

Thanks !

21 minutes ago, sagii said:

Gator, after the complete auction close tomorrow night can you post for us 12 books under different circumstances you would have kept using either (or a combination) of the following criteria: 1)super rarity, 2)high dollar value, and 3) just a personal favorite .

Thanks !

Agreed, I'd LOVE some post game analysis from @G.A.tor... maybe the 5 books you were most surprised at their realized value (high or low!)?

10 minutes ago, sagii said:

Thanks !

Sure

No need to wait :) will go top 10

1-fp40 cgc 8.5 was Favorite book in collection. It’s scarce, was a high grade and just visually most appealing to me...I kept a lower grade copy

2-amazing man 22...not particularly scarce relative to many centaurs but highest demand of all centaurs I suspect. Probably most valuable I had in collection at a 7.5

3-amazing mystery funnies 2/5...high grade st 8.5, relatively tough book. Probably second most valuable I had

4-little giant comics 4....rare,rare , rare and last I needed. A Larson pedigree to boot. 

5-amazing nan 26...again, just a rarely offered book. Not particularly high grade but was the book that caused me to give up 14+ years ago when I first started trying to collect all centaurs 

6-keen komics1....among rarest there is. Nuff said.

7-Star ranger 2/1...second last book I needed and incredibly rare but not incredibly valuable 

8-wham comics 1...very scarce and the Windy City pedigree. 

9-star comics 3... very rare and my pal John Verzyl’s favorite

10-amazing mystery promo. 1 of 2 known copies. 

11- rest of the collection lol

1 minute ago, miraclemet said:

Agreed, I'd LOVE some post game analysis from @G.A.tor... maybe the 5 books you were most surprised at their realized value (high or low!)?

Once I review post auction pricing I will be happy to express thoughts 

37 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

Sure

No need to wait :) will go top 10

1-fp40 cgc 8.5 was Favorite book in collection. It’s scarce, was a high grade and just visually most appealing to me...I kept a lower grade copy

2-amazing man 22...not particularly scarce relative to many centaurs but highest demand of all centaurs I suspect. Probably most valuable I had in collection at a 7.5

3-amazing mystery funnies 2/5...high grade st 8.5, relatively tough book. Probably second most valuable I had

4-little giant comics 4....rare,rare , rare and last I needed. A Larson pedigree to boot. 

5-amazing nan 26...again, just a rarely offered book. Not particularly high grade but was the book that caused me to give up 14+ years ago when I first started trying to collect all centaurs 

6-keen komics1....among rarest there is. Nuff said.

7-Star ranger 2/1...second last book I needed and incredibly rare but not incredibly valuable 

8-wham comics 1...very scarce and the Windy City pedigree. 

9-star comics 3... very rare and my pal John Verzyl’s favorite

10-amazing mystery promo. 1 of 2 known copies. 

11- rest of the collection lol

Thank you sir, very insightful!

I'm sure anyone who snapped up some of the closed auctions on your list Is that much more on :cloud9:

Looking forward to the complete experience analysis (thumbsu

6 minutes ago, sagii said:

Thank you sir, very insightful!

I'm sure anyone who snapped up some of the closed auctions on your list Is that much more on :cloud9:

Looking forward to the complete experience analysis (thumbsu

It would be very easy to add any of the first 10 amazing mystery funnies or any arrow covered funny pages or Everett amans but the publisher as a whole holds so many treasures that should be explored...and there’s still more than 100 available tonight and tomorrow night ...many it is possible you will not see another copy offered for sale or auction as long as you collect. 

I know I’m biased but as a bidder I’d be giddy with excitement and anticipation (as I was when berk first auctioned a couple of years ago)