• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,165 posts in this topic

43 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

Oh, post away. Results can’t be avoided and shouldn’t on my account. 

:gossip: Patriots won.

27 minutes ago, twmjr1 said:

I've struck out on everything, still a couple of bids left to go.  Results on some of these books are astonishing IMO. Can't stop thinking about that Blue Bolt 115 7.0 @ $3511. I'd guess on average Cole books have tripled in the last year or so.

It's exactly a 10x increase from what I paid for my 7.0 copy five years ago. 

Doesn't seem at all sustainable. 

2 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

No idea. I had valued at 10+ on my list. Will look tomorrow night. 

Possible to get a summary, after digesting and reflecting? Did you meet expectations? What 10 books over-performed? What 10 under-performed? Top 10 you’ll miss the most? And so forth. I think that’d be fun, @G.A.tor

1 hour ago, nearmint said:

Someone really wanted the Robin's face in bad guy's butt cover.

1 hour ago, batman_fan said:

I didn’t think that was the first “Robin’s face in some random guys butt” covers but if it is, then the price definitely makes sense. 

And interestingly enough, Uranus celebrated a birthday yesterday being discovered on March 13, 1781.  Just saying.  

Edited by telerites

42 minutes ago, BarristerBaker said:

Possible to get a summary, after digesting and reflecting? Did you meet expectations? What 10 books over-performed? What 10 under-performed? Top 10 you’ll miss the most? And so forth. I think that’d be fun, @G.A.tor

already posted the 10 I will miss the most a few posts back...rest should be a fun exercise for sure

50 minutes ago, october said:

Every time I say that about any GA book I'm proven wrong. What GA books have ever really depreciated? Some (funny animal, western, for example) are out vogue for years, then they inevitably go up. GA books are of limited supply, and aren't getting any younger. They'll all inexorably go up in price/value.

4 hours ago, october said:

It might not seem sustainable, but I think a lot of people are just "discovering" Golden Age comics, and I think the majority of Cole's work could be considered "classic".

Just now, goldust40 said:

It ends at just below $14K. For a CGC 6.0 copy, that ain't a bad return, to say the least.

I feel bad for collectors that let them go to soon 

Just now, comicjack said:
2 minutes ago, goldust40 said:

It ends at just below $14K. For a CGC 6.0 copy, that ain't a bad return, to say the least.

I feel bad for collectors that let them go to soon 

Great book but that is a sea change, even in this market.