• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,069 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

a quick preliminary calculation seems to indicate that the auction results will exceed my expectations by about 25%...that's fantastic news and should eclipse/cover my entire hurricane loss (a shame this is how it had to be done, but takes a huge weight off my shoulders!!!!)

a thank you to all bidders and winners!

a thank you to comicconnect (especially Vin) for their platform and execution

not a collection I will ever complete (or even attempt) again, but what an incredible journey it was to collect them....and there were many many boardies and friends that helped me accomplish ...

I will take some time this weekend to put together some individual comic observations if anyone is interested...some of the realized prices shocked the crud out of me!

well deserved and a great choice...waiting for observations too...thanks

9 hours ago, Ltpink2002 said:

If you change your own max bid, the clock will also reset.  

My only win:

WonderworldComics06.1.jpg

Be happy I’m selling most of my ww8 and not buying lol

36 minutes ago, HRCostigan said:

Those were my Wonderworlds, thanks and enjoy guys!  The #3 was my first early Fox purchase after chasing the Rulah/Zoot/All Top books.

Cool! "From the HR Costigan Collection." Maybe I'll print out a sticker and slap it on the back of the slab. (:

I’m so happy for the results here Rick glad to hear things went so well you definitely deserve that!! Centaurs looking real strong. I was after the Liberty Scouts 3 but couldn’t do live bidding. I didn’t bring it home unfortunately but I sure did bid it up haha!! Congrats again bro and to everyone that participated and won let’s see those books!! Can’t wait to see who got what 

On 3/16/2019 at 2:23 AM, MrBedrock said:

Maybe a sticker placed on the holder stating the proud ownership of the comic could help in this regard.

What?  Seriously?  Who DOES that?! :roflmao:

5 hours ago, jhm said:

The BB 54 was stronger than I figured too, but I didn't care how many times I had to click my mouse. I've been waiting for a nice copy of that book for too long :luhv: Missing the 8.5 on Heritage a while back has been unsettling.

Congrats on the BB 54.  The scan of it looked even nicer than an 8.0.

7 hours ago, jhm said:

This was one of my favorite offerings since the Berk auction a couple years ago. I went in thinking I was going to grab some nice upgrades to a few of my classic Centaur covers and ended up being wildly outbid on all of them (and I'm admittedly terrible about controlling my bidding finger).

@G.A.tor congrats on the favorable results! PM me if you'd like to see a sortable breakdown of results on the Centaur books. I have one of the GoCollect engineers working on something interesting there.

I was able to grab 2 upgrades (CA 25 & CSS 22) and 2 completely new additions (CSS 20 & BB 54) from the auction. I can't wait to get them!

Was it someone out here that made me pay the crazy prices on the CSS 22? The BB 54 was stronger than I figured too, but I didn't care how many times I had to click my mouse. I've been waiting for a nice copy of that book for too long :luhv: Missing the 8.5 on Heritage a while back has been unsettling.

blu2_470a.jpg.e1856c691e3b5e22a3497c842ec47d93.jpgcri1_579a.jpg.2d0068dc5bc1a6d81945d0a6b54ed124.jpg

cri1_580a.jpg.211d949a36f96c285e6b21e5c37b4d8c.jpgcap19_136a.jpg.38b2f0e7800a3d19216940d7ec84c3fd.jpg

Phenomenal purchases