• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,165 posts in this topic

End dates appear to be 6/10-14

here are the featured books:

Action 1 Cgc 6.5 restored 

amazing fantasy 15 Cgc 9.2 - FYI 1st spidey :$

amazing Spider-Man 1 Cgc U 9.4

batman 1 Cgc 2.0

Fantastic four 1 Cgc 8.5

Flash 1 captain Thunder ashcan Cgc 9.4

Flash 105 Cgc 9.4

justic league 1 Cgc 9.6!

Superman 1 Cgc 1.0

guesses as to order of final hammers high to low. 

43 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

Indeed. Wonder what Schmuck consigned hm

Anyone who would part with that run must be a total nut job lol

But it would be nice to add at least one to my collection hm

Edited by batman_fan

On 4/6/2019 at 4:38 PM, batman_fan said:
On 4/6/2019 at 4:20 PM, G.A.tor said:

And some whiz and worlds finest and lots of other goodies 

the worlds finest run is pretty amazing

+1

Especially since this World's Finest run is from the scarce and HTF early 1950's time period with books which you hardly ever see available in the marketplace.  (thumbsu

Of course, that early World's Finest #9 with the classic WWII gruesome threesome cover also looks pretty tempting.  And a 100-pager cardboard cover book to boot.  :luhv:

2 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

+1

Especially since this World's Finest run is from the scarce and HTF early 1950's time period with books which you hardly ever see available in the marketplace.  (thumbsu

Of course, that early World's Finest #9 with the classic WWII gruesome threesome cover also looks pretty tempting.  And a 100-pager cardboard cover book to boot.  :luhv:

Took me 15 years to build that wf run and still never found some upgrades for issues in the 60s. Most all the 50s and 70s I did. 

30 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

+1

World's Finest is one I'd peg as a very underrated title.  The 40s and 50s covers were the sort of Americana that didn't exist on other superhero titles.  Sure Marvel had lots of war covers (and DC had a few) but they didn't have covers evoking daily life and current fads.  But World's Finest did, with covers that referenced things like paper drives, carnivals and circuses, sock hops and the like.  You could find a lot of that in the Archie titles, but on comics with people in capes?   Only World's Finest, which not only had that, in spades, but also had their three best known heroes (presuming you count Robin).

5 hours ago, bluechip said:

World's Finest is one I'd peg as a very underrated title.  The 40s and 50s covers were the sort of Americana that didn't exist on other superhero titles.  Sure Marvel had lots of war covers (and DC had a few) but they didn't have covers evoking daily life and current fads.  But World's Finest did, with covers that referenced things like paper drives, carnivals and circuses, sock hops and the like.  You could find a lot of that in the Archie titles, but on comics with people in capes?   Only World's Finest, which not only had that, in spades, but also had their three best known heroes (presuming you count Robin).

That is a well articulated post. It makes me look at those covers differently. And the last statement questioning Robins “hero” status made me laugh 

8 hours ago, lou_fine said:

+1

WF 9 was the first golden age book I ever bought (along with Human Torch 12).

I was snagged by WWII covers at a tender age!

On 4/6/2019 at 4:47 PM, G.A.tor said:

Indeed. Wonder what Schmuck consigned hm

I've thought about what to do with my collection when I'm nearing the end of my days.  Could be the seller feels he's close to his, and wants the best bang for the buck, instead of leaving the books to errors, er, heirs, to be swooped up by the boxload from a dealer for pennies on the values.

49 minutes ago, fifties said:

I've thought about what to do with my collection when I'm nearing the end of my days.  Could be the seller feels he's close to his, and wants the best bang for the buck, instead of leaving the books to errors, er, heirs, to be swooped up by the boxload from a dealer for pennies on the values.

:gossip: In this case, the seller is not nearing the end of his days.  Right, Gator?

22 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

:gossip: In this case, the seller is not nearing the end of his days.  Right, Gator?

Gosh I hope not...though 6 months post hurricane things largely still suck here ...still very few good days. That said, still above ground so not all bad

On 4/7/2019 at 12:20 AM, rabidwolf said:

batman 1 Cgc 2.0

Fantastic four 1 Cgc 8.5

Flash 105 Cgc 9.4

justic league 1 Cgc 9.6!

Superman 1 Cgc 1.0

and that about sums it up for ComicConnect. Heritage looks to have a far better lineup. Some terrific stuff posted thus far.

Edited by Gotham Kid

On 4/6/2019 at 4:20 PM, rabidwolf said:

End dates appear to be 6/10-14

batman 1 Cgc 2.0

Fantastic four 1 Cgc 8.5

Flash 105 Cgc 9.4

justic league 1 Cgc 9.6!

Superman 1 Cgc 1.0

guesses as to order of final hammers high to low. 

Missed the cap 1 on your list 

I know the high grade early Captain America Comics on Heritage belong to Pristine Comics. He had them listed on ebay for a while. He dubbed them the Wartime Find collection.

Edited by Gotham Kid

2 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

I know the high grade early Captain America Comics on Heritage belong to Pristine Comics. He had them listed on ebay for a while. He dubbed them the Wartime Find collection.

I took a long look at his Cap 13, but he wanted $100k for it.  I’ll be shocked if it goes that high, but who knows

26 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I took a long look at his Cap 13, but he wanted $100k for it.  I’ll be shocked if it goes that high, but who knows

+1 No way it does 

Maybe 70-80

Edited by Gotham Kid

39 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

+1 No way it does 

Maybe 70-80

And for that money, I need a stronger feeling that new collectors coming into the hobby will share the opinion of us old timers that it is, indeed, a classic cover

Kids today, right? It’s all Incredible Hulk 181

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

You'd be surprised but it seems the "younger" generation and people who just started getting into comics want a piece of the old time classic key books whether golden age or silver age. I was scrolling through facebook and instagram the other day in comic book groups and I see more and more younger people buying/collecting/selling vintage comics. I think the success with the superhero movies have played some role in it as well as the popularity of comic conventions.