• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,086 posts in this topic

On 5/5/2019 at 8:26 AM, G.A.tor said:

One need not rationalize reality. Or does one. Hm 

Gators dead on with this one & the facts are the facts, pressing is GAME ON and anyone can play from small fries to giant size. But then again maybe I am just rationalizing my reality?

On 5/2/2019 at 7:56 PM, batman_fan said:

Bob Storms made a comment once I think that a book has 10 presses in it before it is done.

Therein lies the limitations of CGC's business model... :gossip:

Edited by clarkkentdds

On 5/5/2019 at 6:41 AM, path4play said:

Here is an idea we will probably see soon, instead of the bizarre and valueless (imo) Comic Verification Authority (CVA) - how about an "if pressed grade."?

Yeah, that's right.  I'm going to start a grading service that says what your book "will grade" if pressed - so you don't have to actually press but you know what it will be, if pressed.  The sticker will be the IPG (if pressed grade).  I'm thinking for already graded comics its a +/- sign, so say for example my Rodger Dodger CGC 6.0 has an IPG +2.0.

This is particularly useful for lower value books that don't warrant pressing fees, and those collectors legitimately concerned about the "press time loss factor" (PTLF).  An already pressed book gets an IPG of AP-1 aka "Already Pressed, Press Time Loss Factor = -1 yr. "  Benefits include warding off press and flippers to a potential re-press and providing a sense of security to those who want to fill that gap between full blown restoration and an unnatural intervention of a hot iron.

Looking for investors who what to get in on ground level of this exploding opportunity, please PM me.

I suggested this 10 years ago... check my post history.

Current top 10

1.AF 15 Cgc 9.2 - can this hit 1 million?

2. Restored action 1 Cgc 6.5

3. Amazing Spider-Man 1 Cgc 9.4

4. Justice league 1 Cgc 9.6

5. FF1 Cgc 8.5

6. Flash Ashcan 1 Cgc 9.4

7. Green lantern 1 Cgc 9.4

8. Hulk 1 Cgc 8.0

9. Captain America 1 Cgc 2.5

10. Superman 1 Cgc 1.0

Im surprised the Batman 1 2.0 is no where near top 10 yet

Looking at the (rather poor) selection of early Detectives in the current CC auction, 35 2.0 seems to be doing ok while 31 1.5 is lagging. The fact that it had the resto removed and now looks fugly certainly has something to do with it.

Won't comment on the CBCS graded 36 and 38 :eyeroll:

51 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

Looking at the (rather poor) selection of early Detectives in the current CC auction, 35 2.0 seems to be doing ok while 31 1.5 is lagging. The fact that it had the resto removed and now looks fugly certainly has something to do with it.

Won't comment on the CBCS graded 36 and 38 :eyeroll:

Will have to check out that 31....

On 5/16/2019 at 7:08 PM, rabidwolf said:

Brittle pages is why. Bat 1s with brittle pages have continued to get $40 - $50k PP, but I cannot believe that is sustainable. This may be the breaking point here on this book

On 5/16/2019 at 8:08 PM, rabidwolf said:

Current top 10

1.AF 15 Cgc 9.2 - can this hit 1 million?

2. Restored action 1 Cgc 6.5

3. Amazing Spider-Man 1 Cgc 9.4

4. Justice league 1 Cgc 9.6

5. FF1 Cgc 8.5

6. Flash Ashcan 1 Cgc 9.4

7. Green lantern 1 Cgc 9.4

8. Hulk 1 Cgc 8.0

9. Captain America 1 Cgc 2.5

10. Superman 1 Cgc 1.0

Anyone care to guess what they think it'll take $$$ to snag that restored Action #1 ?    Think it can get to $250K with 3 weeks left ?

8 hours ago, fishbone said:

Anyone care to guess what they think it'll take $$$ to snag that restored Action #1 ?    Think it can get to $250K with 3 weeks left ?

I think the action 1, spidey 1 and justice league 1 will all break 250k and

the af 15 will break 700k.

The FF1, flash ashcan 1, hulk 1 and gl 1 will break 100k

Edited by rabidwolf

7 hours ago, quicksilver said:

$250K for the Action # 1 6.5 ?

A pretty big jump after the last 8.5 went for $261K in August...

You could be right, just wanted to put it out there as trying to predict restored prices for keys is a krap shoot it seems....

Edited by fishbone

2 hours ago, fishbone said:

You could be right, just wanted to put it out there as trying to predict restored prices for keys is a krap shoot it seems....

I still think will hit 250

there is not a big difference price wise between a restored 8.5 and 6.5 like there is between universals 

1 hour ago, rabidwolf said:

I still think will hit 250

there is not a big difference price wise between a restored 8.5 and 6.5 like there is between universals 

The 8.5 in Aug 2018 was actually an A3 (and trimmed as well)   , so either the 261K was a weak showing or this current Exp (P) 6.5 is showing strong early........or both. So may get there (to 250K+)

Edited by fishbone

12 hours ago, fishbone said:

The 8.5 in Aug 2018 was actually an A3 (and trimmed as well)   , so either the 261K was a weak showing or this current Exp (P) 6.5 is showing strong early........or both. So may get there (to 250K+)

The realized price on the 8.5 a3 copy was soft to say the least. As consequence the market froze afterwards.