• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,122 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

If I was a Centaur collector, I would've been all over that AMF 2/5 book.. It's absolutely beautiful and stunning! Looks more like a Mile High copy to be honest. Congrats to whomever won it.

Which brings up an interesting question and makes me wonder as to where the Church copy of this book is?  hm

I did see the Church copy one time in my travels a long time ago way back in the mid-90's.  It was in the hands of Pat Kochanek down at one of the SD Con's and he was raving about how beautiful the colors were and how the blues, reds, and yellows were just the perfect blend of colors for a HG Church book.  :cloud9:

16 minutes ago, PUNYHUMAN said:

The Church copy if I remember is owned by a person who used to post on the boards some years back.

That would make sense as I believe that Pat is no longer an active comic book collector.

Too bad as I certainly did enjoyed those write-ups he had done on the Edgar Church collection back in the pages of the early CBM's #2 - #5.  (thumbsu

Edited by lou_fine

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

That would make sense as I believe that Pat is no longer an active comic book collector.

Too bad as I certainly did enjoyed those write-ups he had done on the Edgar Church collection back in the pages of the early CBM's #2 - #5.  (thumbsu

Hey @lou_fine your brother was so cool 1430448567_larryfine.jpg.6d2ac6cf113ab26fcc5bd1f027cb1705.jpgbut you do look like twines

4 hours ago, lou_fine said:

A terrific copy indeed:

ama2.231a.jpg

I assume Claire must have really like this cover also since she apparently kept 2 HG copies of this book in her collection.

Guess you should hurry before Steve puts his Claire Moe copy of this book up for sale before you.  lol

Neither he nor I remembered if there were any duplicates, but we both recollect our 2/5s coming from there, lol.

If he sells first, more power to him!

5 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Tonight is an exercise in frustration where everything I have consigned is going considerably below recent GPA and everything I’m trying to win is going significantly higher.  :flamed:

perils of buying in the morning and selling in the afternoon :baiting:

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

Since you seem to like the pre-hero More Fun's, are you planning to go after some of the pre-hero Detective books in a couple short hours from now?  hm

I have all of them so no.:wishluck:

17 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Tonight is an exercise in frustration where everything I have consigned is going considerably below recent GPA and everything I’m trying to win is going significantly higher.  :flamed:

Story of my collecting life(shrug)

35 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Yes.  I'll wait until its all over except for the crying to air my postgame summary. I had 20 books in there for sale and for sure noticed some things

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

5 minutes ago, woowoo said:

Peter its been few months since you bought a nice book what's up :whistle:

waiting for something nice :wishluck:

Edited by Gotham Kid