• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,104 posts in this topic

Anyone have a pic of how "pink" pages look?  Curious to see how it looks.  Also, how on earth did it turn pink?  Was it through the reds of the cover somehow that may have bled through the pages causing it to turn pink i'm guessing?  

2 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

Anyone have a pic of how "pink" pages look?  Curious to see how it looks.  Also, how on earth did it turn pink?  Was it through the reds of the cover somehow that may have bled through the pages causing it to turn pink i'm guessing?  

It's my understanding that Fox used pink newsprint to cut costs occasionally... 

35 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

The paper was blue or pink before it was put through the printer.  While it is possible that it was designed as a sales gimmick, that is unlikely given how haphazardly it was done.  Some issues were printed on more than one type of paper and there was no consistency across the line as to when these were/weren't used.

Wow, it looks like those mid-grade (i.e. VGish) mid-run key 'Tec's went for quite a bit of money as both 'Tec 140 and 'Tec 168 sold for pretty much triple condition guide.  

Also noticed the Church copy of 'Tec 172 going for $12,200 or pretty much 9X top of guide.  Yes, a Church copy,but that's still a ton of money for a non-key.  :whatthe:

Looks like there's still a lot of strength with respect to the GA Bat market.  (thumbsu

19 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Wow, it looks like those mid-grade (i.e. VGish) mid-run key 'Tec's went for quite a bit of money as both 'Tec 140 and 'Tec 168 sold for pretty much triple condition guide.  

Also noticed the Church copy of 'Tec 172 going for $12,200 or pretty much 9X top of guide.  Yes, a Church copy,but that's still a ton of money for a non-key.  :whatthe:

Looks like there's still a lot of strength with respect to the GA Bat market.  (thumbsu

The 140&168 went right about fmv. The ospq is not relevant for books like this so why quote it? (Just curious)

1 minute ago, G.A.tor said:

The 140&168 went right about fmv. The ospq is not relevant for books like this so why quote it? (Just curious)

I basically use the OSPQ from a multiple to guide point of view, similar to how I also use price per point on some books to guage if the price is still trending up or starting to trend back down a bit.  hm

I definitely don't use it from an absolute value point of view for these kinds of books, but more from a relative multiple point of view.  (thumbsu

22 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

I basically use the OSPQ from a multiple to guide point of view, similar to how I also use price per point on some books to guage if the price is still trending up or starting to trend back down a bit.  hm

I definitely don't use it from an absolute value point of view for these kinds of books, but more from a relative multiple point of view.  (thumbsu

Ok. Just curious. 

2 hours ago, lou_fine said:

someone wants the best of the best at whatever cost. I've seen the same results on some non-key highest grade Tecs on HA

43 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

someone wants the best of the best at whatever cost. I've seen the same results on some non-key highest grade Tecs on HA

Yes...I was quite interested in lots of those hg Tecs...but held off...prices very high IMO.  Congrats to buyer and seller both!

5 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

Couple of first time graded books that should be in the next cc auction. 

Double wow 

9C7A07CF-F3E9-4C8B-B826-D026C59AB32C.jpeg

F0B21417-82C5-4C62-9518-C8731E60F41B.jpeg

Wow on that PL 17... just the oddity of Pink pq makes those copies more desirable to me.  For those wondering they do designate some of them ‘cream to pink’... meaning on top of being a highest graded 9.4, the pq is relatively good too.

Hard to fathom this copy going under 100k.

11 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Indeed. Why wait for the inevitable. You can even spare a few the agony of defeat.

What, and not give the rest of us a chance to submit a few punishment bids? :devil:

Whoever wins will be required to bleed heavily for the privilege.