• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,166 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

BTW, CC still owes me a not insignificant sum  of $ from last auction. I guess some bidders are just slower to pay than others . . .

CC's obligation to pay you shouldn't be conditional on when bidders have paid.  They should pay you on the scheduled payment date and bear the credit risk of bidders.  It's their job as the auction house to have done due diligence on the persons they allow to become bidders.  That's just unacceptable.

The high grade Phantom Ladies are off to great start... lot of excited bidders pushing them up pretty fast.

I see the 17 as a 100k+ book, but am curious to see how high the ridiculous 9.6s go, especially the 22... in my limited experience  probably the hardest issue to find, but also the worst cover of the Fox run.  Still what an amazing copy ... white pages too.  

2 hours ago, szav said:

The high grade Phantom Ladies are off to great start... lot of excited bidders pushing them up pretty fast.

I see the 17 as a 100k+ book, but am curious to see how high the ridiculous 9.6s go, especially the 22... in my limited experience  probably the hardest issue to find, but also the worst cover of the Fox run.  Still what an amazing copy ... white pages too.  

They seem to be the one of the Main Events in this auction (along with the Action 1 and Church Cap Jrs.).

Closing night(s) will be a barn burner for sure. 

2 hours ago, szav said:

I predict the PL #17 will go for $167K.

12 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

My consignments are sitting at 25% of what the final hammer should be. I guess when there’s so much time left(3 weeks!), bidders are in no big hurry. 

Depending upon the type of books your are putting up for auction this time, that's actually quite high for only 3 days in on a CC auction.  (thumbsu

I just did a quick sort of the lots based upon Lowest Price First and it takes until Page 45 before you reach a lot that's got a bid above the starting hammer price of $1.  That means 1,108 lots of the 2,720 or just over 40% of them still haven't received a single bid yet.  :whatthe:

I hope potential bidders realize that this particular CC auction is shorter than their past auctions by 1 whole week.  Probably in response to a ton of complaints from their bidders along with board members here that their auctions were running way too long and some bidders might have forgotten all about them by the time the 3-minute buzzer sounds off.  hm  :taptaptap:

18 minutes ago, Marty Mann said:

Hope I have the same luck come November!

Marty

In 99% of cc auctions bid levels prior to final day/hour are not an accurate gauge. 

21 hours ago, sagii said:

They seem to be the one of the Main Events in this auction (along with the Action 1 and Church Cap Jrs.).

Closing night(s) will be a barn burner for sure. 

That Cap Marvel Jr 1 is just killer.  I don't even care about that title for the most part, but that book...just wow.

2 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:
3 hours ago, Marty Mann said:

DETECTIVE COMICS #38 is at $6,200.00.

Marty

3.0 blue ? 

1 hour ago, Chicago Boy said:
2 hours ago, Marty Mann said:

Yes.

Marty

That’s strong out of the gate 

Like Gator alluded to in his post, with the CC auctions, it's never really about the start as it's so much more about the finish at the end when the 3-minute buzzer goes off.  

Makes me wonder if this CGC 3.0 copy will finally be able to beat the price per point that this copy was able to fetch at just over $54K a couple of years ago on CC:

det1.13714a.jpg

I clearly remember watching both this one as it hit something like $25K near the end and then went all the way up to $54,010 after more than a half hour of extended bidding.  Must have been the dynamic duo at the time as I also remember the gorgeous presenting CGC 3.0 graded copy of 'Tec 29 running neck and neck with it at the same time before finishing off a few minutes earlier at $66,010.  :applause:

Hmmmm.........that last $10 on the winning bids for both books makes me think it just might have been the same winner on both books that time.  hm

45 minutes ago, entalmighty1 said:

That Cap Marvel Jr 1 is just killer.  I don't even care about that title for the most part, but that book...just wow.

It is.

I remember the Church Master Comics run 'sitting' in Metros inventory years back. Bargain prices when I think about it now. 

On 8/21/2019 at 11:26 AM, tth2 said:

CC's obligation to pay you shouldn't be conditional on when bidders have paid.  They should pay you on the scheduled payment date and bear the credit risk of bidders.  It's their job as the auction house to have done due diligence on the persons they allow to become bidders.  That's just unacceptable.

I am  in my 6th month of a 6-month time payment for my sold book with them, apparently I get zero until the full 6 months is up , the payor's check clears,  and book is shipped.

This for a book that sold on March 13, 2019.  I thought there was something a bit wrong with this, but who am I to complain. But, it would have been nice to have been sent some $$ after each of the checks cleared  (and also not an insignificant amount of money either)

Oh well. 

8 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:
8 hours ago, Marty Mann said:

DETECTIVE COMICS #38 is at $6,200.00.

Marty

yes I'll take it. They can end that one now !

Sorry Peter;

It looks like the mere fact of mentioning this book here has just brought in another 7 bids and now it's sitting at $16,400.  doh!

Any guesses as to where this copy will finish up at on a price per point basis.  Don't think it'll get to the $18K per poont that the other copy in the CC auction managed to fetched a couple of years ago, but will it get close to the $16,667 per point that this CGC 1.8 graded copy (i.e. $30K) was able to fetched on CL a few months ago in their big Spring auction:

RAD67FDA2019510_16457.jpg

2 hours ago, fishbone said:

I am  in my 6th month of a 6-month time payment for my sold book with them, apparently I get zero until the full 6 months is up , the payor's check clears,  and book is shipped.

This for a book that sold on March 13, 2019.  I thought there was something a bit wrong with this, but who am I to complain. But, it would have been nice to have been sent some $$ after each of the checks cleared  (and also not an insignificant amount of money either)

Oh well. 

If I was a consignor, I would be ecstatic if a book of mines even qualifed for the 6-months payment plan option.  (thumbsu

Of course, I would be even more ecstatic if the winner of the book had deep enough pockets to forego the 6 months and pay off the whole thing right away.  :bigsmile:

Edited by lou_fine