• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,122 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, lou_fine said:
8 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:
8 hours ago, Marty Mann said:

DETECTIVE COMICS #38 is at $6,200.00.

Marty

yes I'll take it. They can end that one now !

Sorry Peter;

It looks like the mere fact of mentioning this book here has just brought in another 7 bids and now it's sitting at $16,400.  doh!

I may have thrown in a couple bids :gossip:

Edited by Gotham Kid

5 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:
16 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Any guesses as to where this copy will finish up at on a price per point basis.

Really nice presenting copy. I’ll guess 31K. 

That would be my guess too... 30-35K  (thumbsu

Edited by Gotham Kid

2 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:
13 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Any guesses as to where this copy will finish up at on a price per point basis.

Really nice presenting copy. I’ll guess 31K. 

So, are you saying that the winner of the CGC 1.8 graded copy of the 'Tec 38 in the CL Spring auction got taken to the cleaners on his winning bid of $30K?  hm

3 hours ago, lou_fine said:

So, are you saying that the winner of the CGC 1.8 graded copy of the 'Tec 38 in the CL Spring auction got taken to the cleaners on his winning bid of $30K?  hm

The Comiclink 1.8 was a copy that looked much nicer than assigned grade. I think perhaps final hammer may have been a bit over-zealous but I doubt there are other 1.8s (or even 2.0s and 2.5s) that look like that.

Edited by Gotham Kid

5 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:
16 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Sorry Peter;

It looks like the mere fact of mentioning this book here has just brought in another 7 bids and now it's sitting at $16,400.  doh!

I may have thrown in a couple bids :gossip:

Peter;

:idea:   Before you threw in your bids, you shoud have come onto the boards here declaring how this used to be a POS CGC 0.5 graded PLOD book before somebody must have gotten their dirty greasy little hands onto it and manipulated it into a CGC 3.0 blue slab. :bigsmile:

11 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

The Comiclink 1.8 was a very nice copy and looked much higher than assigned grade. I think perhaps final hammer may have been a bit over-zealous but I doubt there are other 1.8s (or even 2.0s and 2.5s) that look like that.

Can't really remember that book but it must have looked pretty nice.  $30k seems reasonable to me.  I was thinking that the current CC auction copy was real sharp for a 1.8.  Won't be bidding though as I like my Tecs a little older.

3 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

Can't really remember that book but it must have looked pretty nice.  $30k seems reasonable to me.  I was thinking that the current CC auction copy was real sharp for a 1.8.  Won't be bidding though as I like my Tecs a little older.

RAD67FDA2019510_16457.jpg

18 hours ago, lou_fine said:

If I was a consignor, I would be ecstatic if a book of mines even qualifed for the 6-months payment plan option.  (thumbsu

Of course, I would be even more ecstatic if the winner of the book had deep enough pockets to forego the 6 months and pay off the whole thing right away.  :bigsmile:

true enough

22 hours ago, ThothAmon said:
22 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

The Comiclink 1.8 was a very nice copy and looked much higher than assigned grade. I think perhaps final hammer may have been a bit over-zealous but I doubt there are other 1.8s (or even 2.0s and 2.5s) that look like that.

Can't really remember that book but it must have looked pretty nice.  $30k seems reasonable to me. 

Which book are you referring to be at in terms of a reasonable price?  ???

The CGC 1.8 graded copy that CL auctioned off a few months ago or this latest CGC 3.0 graded copy in the current CC auction?  hm  (shrug)

I just gave the Bat 1 a decent bump, but somebody else has got the book staked out pretty good and is still on top. They, too, must find the QES certification irresistible 

Ok, I just bumped it again. Someone seriously want this book

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

54 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I just gave the Bat 1 a decent bump, but somebody else has got the book staked out pretty good and is still on top. They, too, must find the QES certification irresistible 

Kinda surprised to see it behind the Action 1 still...figured this is a 500k book, maybe 500.001k with the QES sticker

On 8/21/2019 at 7:07 PM, lou_fine said:

I just did a quick sort of the lots based upon Lowest Price First and it takes until Page 45 before you reach a lot that's got a bid above the starting hammer price of $1.  That means 1,108 lots of the 2,720 or just over 40% of them still haven't received a single bid yet.  :whatthe:

Well, it's now been just slightly more than a whole week of live bidding for this CC Event Auction.

Looks like the action must be picking up (or not) as we now have only about 20 pages or just under 500 books that still hasn't received a single bid yet.  :whatthe:

Don't think many of these books, especially some of the GA and early SA ones, will be going for only $1.  :taptaptap:

Then again, if we pray hard enough, they just might. :wishluck:   Or not, I would imagine.  :devil:

14 hours ago, Bat34 said:
15 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

How do people feel about the extra 3 staples? And how is this blue label?

I'm with you GCG...I'm not a fan of the extra staples.

Me too.. But since it is extra, I just remove em :wink:

On 8/23/2019 at 4:31 PM, lou_fine said:

Which book are you referring to be at in terms of a reasonable price?  ???

The CGC 1.8 graded copy that CL auctioned off a few months ago or this latest CGC 3.0 graded copy in the current CC auction?  hm  (shrug)

I admit I was a bit confused.  :shy: Now that I've actually looked at the 3.0, I'd say the 1.8 has exceptional eye appeal and page quality that make it a more desirable copy to me than the 3.0 (although we know for certain the cover won't detach).  Buy the book not the ...  That said I won't be at all surprised if the 3.0 finishes in the mid 30's.

59 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:
15 hours ago, Bat34 said:
16 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Whomever added them did so to "correct/conceal" something (detached wraps or other)

Edited by Gotham Kid

1 hour ago, Gotham Kid said:
2 hours ago, Dark Knight said:
17 hours ago, Bat34 said:
17 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Whomever added them did so to "correct/conceal" something (detached wraps or other)

Or it's quite possible that it's something kids do when they think a book is falling apart?  (shrug)

Similar to regular scoth tape which CGC downgrades for, but does not give the PLOD to since they simply treat it as a clearly visible and obvious defect, as opposed to being done with the intent to restore and conceal the work being done.  hm