• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,068 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

I think what's going on, at least some of the time, is people are hoping that someone bidding on multiple books will get distracted and not notice a last second bid on one of the books. Obviously, "last second" on CC means 2 seconds + 3 minutes. Still, 3 minutes can go by in the blink of an eye if you're juggling multiple open windows. I've had that happen where I planned on bidding again but hadn't noticed that my bid had been topped and the auction was over before I got back to it. 

Us poor folks only bid on one item at a time. :sorry:

I think what gets me is the anticipatory excitement.  Let’s say I put in my max bid at $900 and I hold the high bid at $600.  Clock ticks down, I think I’m going to win at a bargain, and with 2 seconds, someone goes $650.  Now I’m high bidder at $700, so I’m still happy.  Maybe a little less so, but still happy.  5, 4, 3, boom, $750.  OK, I’m still on top at $800, but I’m losing some of my excitement.

When that third last second bid drives my winning bid right up to my max, it almost feels like someone knew my max and was teasing me for an extra ten minutes.

5 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Bang on and definitely the reason why I would be much more in the mindset of selling this book right now, as opposed to paying this kind of ridiculous money to pick one up during this time of irrational exuberance for this particular book. right now.  hm

The only problem with that sound strategy is that I don't have a copy in my collection to sell off.  :(

Well I have a copy, maybe nicer than the one that sold. I should be slabbing and sending it to these guys. But I kinda like it. Only paid $95.00 long time ago.

Did anybody get the price on the Miss Fury #2 in 7.0 that sold in the auction tonight?  

Also the GCE 12 in the post above … did it sell in this auction also and at what price? 

Is there a way to look at items after a comicconnect auction and see what they sold for?  

Thanks for any help and insight.

11 minutes ago, blackterror said:

Did anybody get the price on the Miss Fury #2 in 7.0 that sold in the auction tonight?  

Also the GCE 12 in the post above … did it sell in this auction also and at what price? 

Is there a way to look at items after a comicconnect auction and see what they sold for?  

Thanks for any help and insight.

The Miss Fury #2 sold for $2,050 and the GCE #12 sold for the absolutely astounding price point of $24,000.  :whatthe:  :whatthe:

In terms of the Miss Fury #2, I have always thought that cover was the best in the entire run due to it appealing combination of bright colors set against the full moon.  :luhv:

You can check on all of the realized prices if you simply go back to the auction notices that was sent out on a daily basis a couple of weeks ago for the various sessions.  Of course, that's assuming that you have subscribed to receive all of the "junk email" from Metro and CC.  :gossip:

BTW:  Did anybody else get Set 1/2 for Session 4 from them since I seem to be missing that one from my inbox?  :frustrated:

7 hours ago, batman_fan said:
13 hours ago, comicnoir said:

please do not post stuff like that without including a "double depends" warning!  

7 hours ago, EastEnd1 said:

That is INCREDIBLE!

Although it is definitely incredible, at the same time it is also not totally unexpected since this book has been one of the latest go to hot books in a genre that's already red hot and on fire.  (thumbsu

Actually, the one that I found even more surprising and INCREDIBLE was this book here which finally managed to find some much deserved loving:

fun2.12a.jpg

An absolutely astounding price of $12,900 for a historically very important book since it is acknowledged to be the first comic book ever published way back in 1933 with a print run of only 10,000 copies to be given away.  This is the one that started it all and gave birth to the industry and hobby which we all love and enjoy so much today.  :luhv:

Unlike the Chamber of Chills 19, this record setter here was an absolute shocker and totally unexpected since it is part of the early newspaper reprint era of books that have been pretty much stone cold dead for so many decades ever since the comic book collectors started to chase after the caped superheroes who wear their undies on the outside. lol  Even though this is a real tough book to find, prices have always tended to be rather anemic on them due to the low demand for these types of books.  :frown:

From my own personal point of view though, being an old time collector who's in this hobby for the longer term, I guess it shouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure out which book I would rather have in my personal collection given the almost similar price point.  Especially if you take into account the fact that one of these books already has 82 Universal slabbed copies with 23 of them in better condition than this particular copy here.  In comparison, the other book has only 14 Universal copies slabbed in total, so it's also really no contest there.  hm   (thumbsu

So, kudos to CC for being able to finally stir up some interest in this hugely under appreciated book because it is long overdue and much deserved.  :applause:

Edited by lou_fine

9 hours ago, lou_fine said:

The Miss Fury #2 sold for $2,050 and the GCE #12 sold for the absolutely astounding price point of $24,000.  :whatthe:  :whatthe:

In terms of the Miss Fury #2, I have always thought that cover was the best in the entire run due to it appealing combination of bright colors set against the full moon.  :luhv:

You can check on all of the realized prices if you simply go back to the auction notices that was sent out on a daily basis a couple of weeks ago for the various sessions.  Of course, that's assuming that you have subscribed to receive all of the "junk email" from Metro and CC.  :gossip:

BTW:  Did anybody else get Set 1/2 for Session 4 from them since I seem to be missing that one from my inbox?  :frustrated:

Thanks for the info lou_fine and I agree with you on the Miss Fury 2 ... it is a stunner.  It has the Suspense 3 feel and is by far the best book in the run and a rare early Timely heroine.  On top of that the book in the auction at 7.0 was one of the highest graded copies.   With Good Girl books as hot as they are ... it's hard to believe Miss Fury 2 is flying under the radar, but at 2 grand ... I can safely say it is.  Disclaimer - I have nothing to do with that copy ... I just think it was the hidden jewel in the auction.  If somebody bought that on the boards at 2 grand ... way to go!

44 minutes ago, blackterror said:

Thanks for the info lou_fine and I agree with you on the Miss Fury 2 ... it is a stunner.  It has the Suspense 3 feel and is by far the best book in the run and a rare early Timely heroine.  On top of that the book in the auction at 7.0 was one of the highest graded copies.   With Good Girl books as hot as they are ... it's hard to believe Miss Fury 2 is flying under the radar, but at 2 grand ... I can safely say it is.  Disclaimer - I have nothing to do with that copy ... I just think it was the hidden jewel in the auction.  If somebody bought that on the boards at 2 grand ... way to go!

I have something to do with that. The Miss Fury was also my book. Beautiful copy, which I got years ago from a super-stellar boardie. Someone got a winner there.

Edited by BarristerBaker

14 hours ago, comicnoir said:

Well I have a copy, maybe nicer than the one that sold. I should be slabbing and sending it to these guys. But I kinda like it. Only paid $95.00 long time ago.

For a minute there, I thought you were referring to GCE 12.