• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,074 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

I had some weird distorted fantasy that maybe I could snag that Wonder Comics 1.  Was I ever shocked the I saw the final hammer price. :whatthe:

Damn near close what the 9.4 sold for a few years ago.  That's gotta be worth a pants change for you right?

Such a cool historic book.  A great looking 6.0 too.

11 minutes ago, szav said:
24 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

I had some weird distorted fantasy that maybe I could snag that Wonder Comics 1.  Was I ever shocked the I saw the final hammer price. :whatthe:

Damn near close what the 9.4 sold for a few years ago.  That's gotta be worth a pants change for you right?

Anytime now for that pants/underwear change..  :fear:

19 minutes ago, szav said:

I have learned, I was sitting on the toilet watching the auction closes, but I will definitely need to tip the cleaning lady an extra $20.

2 hours ago, batman_fan said:

1 hour ago, batman_fan said:
2 hours ago, szav said:

I have learned, I was sitting on the toilet watching the auction closes, but I will definitely need to tip the cleaning lady an extra $20.

Well, you might have to tip her a whole lot more than just $20 because you probably dropped a pretty big one after seeing this astronomical result.  lol

Definitely in the CGC 9.4 NM pricing territory of a few years ago since you are talking about $56,015 for this CGC graded copy here:

won1.30a.jpg

:whatthe:  :whatthe:  :flipbait:

On the other hand, I felt these 2 absolutely gorgeous Torchy's with the titillating cover artwork and interior lingerie art by Bill Ward should have done better:

tor1.53a.jpg

tor1.52a.jpg

Especially in this era of super red hot classic GGA cover books, considering these 2 books seldom come to market in this high grade condition and yet they only managed to hammer at $2,555 and $2,625 respectively.  :whatthe:

Go figure that as I think the lucky buyer(s) really got themselves a steal of a deal at these prices!!!  hm  (thumbsu

10 hours ago, batman_fan said:

I was shocked too.  Traditionally, this was always a cool, scarce book but never terribly valuable unless in grade.   My copy I've had for 20+ years is still in a Fortress.   :preach:  

15 hours ago, BuscemasAvengers said:

Happy to get this book at a reasonable price ...

SSP9.jpg

Long been one of my favorite ECs. Great cover and (if you crack it!) absolutely top interior content, with Kamen on a Ray Bradbury horror story and Reed Crandall's killer artwork on Carrion Death. (thumbsu

12 hours ago, batman_fan said:

2 hours ago, Tsp99 said:

I was shocked too.  Traditionally, this was always a cool, scarce book but never terribly valuable unless in grade.   My copy I've had for 20+ years is still in a Fortress.   :preach:  

Even the 4.0  Wonder 2 went for well over 4X Overstreet Guide.

3 hours ago, Tsp99 said:

If I send you an electric screwdriver will you pop it out and show some interior pictures :wishluck:

20 hours ago, szav said:

Can’t disagree.   Graders notes, because I temporarily deluded myself with the notion of chasing an upgrade: Moderate tanning interior cover top.

9.0 seems fair for it.

Always a good idea!

17 hours ago, batman_fan said:

Me, too, I mentioned to a few people that I thought it would do $20K. The consensus was that was too high. Apparently not!