• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,074 posts in this topic

On 11/11/2019 at 11:19 AM, batman_fan said:
On 11/11/2019 at 9:40 AM, Gotham Kid said:

Nov 2019 auction has begun !

Thanks for the reminder

Yes indeed.........so far, it looks like the 'Tec 29 is rather surprisingly leading the pack right now at the bargain basement price of only $66K after the first day:  :luhv:

det1.17456a.jpg

1 minute ago, batman_fan said:

It does have some pretty nice eye appeal

Yes, definitely so considering that it is a CC scan which is usually a much more accurate reflection of the true colors (thumbsu, as opposed to those horrid looking blinding whitewashed scans that you tend to see on all of the Heritage books.  :p

1 hour ago, Gotham Kid said:

AC13 9.2 and AF15 8.0 first to hit 100K

Well, I am quite sure that the AC 13 is going to finish well ahead of the AF 15 by the time it's all said and done.  (thumbsu

Especially considering the fact that the last time a CGC 9.2 graded copy sold was way back in 2011 when the Atlantic City Copy sold in the CC Auction for $185K when top of guide at the time was only a paltry $30K.  :whatthe:

Looks like Overstreet has finally caught up to that sale as top of guide for AC 13 for this year is now at $190K.  :taptaptap:

Edited by lou_fine

2 hours ago, szav said:

Hmm...I'm not sure which is worse.  CGCs mistake, or CCs willingness to let this go to auction as is...

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=849526

hor1.175a.jpg

Well, maybe it's part of a larger consignment of books from the consignor who didn't want to bother with having to reholder it and CC simply wants to keep them happy.  After all, it clearly states in both the comments section of the auction description and also right on the CGC label that the book has been Conserved.  (thumbsu

What would be absolutely worst and egregious is if the buyer did not bother to do any due diligence at all and simply bidded on the book based upon the colour of the label.  Boy, that would be the classic case of buying the label, as opposed to buying the book.  From my own thinking, that would most definitely be on the buyer themself at that point.  doh!

Edited by lou_fine

46 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Well, maybe it's part of a larger consignment of books from the consignor who didn't want to bother with having to reholder it and CC simply wants to keep them happy.  After all, it clearly states in both the comments section of the auction description and also right on the CGC label that the book has been Conserved.  (thumbsu

What would be absolutely worst and egregious is if the buyer did not bother to do any due diligence at all and simply bidded on the book based upon the colour of the label.  Boy, that would be the classic case of buying the label, as opposed to buying the book.  From my own thinking, that would most definitely be on the buyer themself at that point.  doh!

Maybe its a trial run to see how accepting the community is hm

Question: Would glue and/or a "very minor amount of color touch" be tolerated on blue-label books if not for the fact that so many of the Church books have amateur glue and color touch?

Answer: Not in a million years.

If CGC starts allowing the amount of work that's been done to the Horrific on universal-label books, it'll be time to go back to buying raw.

The CPR garbage has already gotten me to the point where I don't care about grade any more. Too many of the high grades have been manufactured.

1 hour ago, jimbo_7071 said:

If CGC starts allowing the amount of work that's been done to the Horrific on universal-label books, it'll be time to go back to buying raw.

CGC doesn’t allow it...this book was clearly missed by quality control and should either be in a conserved holder, or have the notes removed if the inclusion of the notes was erroneous. 

I find greater fault with the people at CC/metropolis for this.  They are knowingly selling a lemon and are liable in my mind.  The book should be pulled from the auction.

7 minutes ago, szav said:

CGC doesn’t allow it...this book was clearly missed by quality control and should either be in a conserved holder, or have the notes removed if the inclusion of the notes was erroneous. 

I find greater fault with the people at CC/metropolis for this.  They are knowingly selling a lemon and are liable in my mind.  The book should be pulled from the auction.

recent 'misses'

(from a post in another thread)

capture.jpg.87d422693b585cd23a010f38f926

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.2a11f395f1a8c744bad81b

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.f0a7529b765c3a3c0eaa31

Edited by Gotham Kid

On 11/13/2019 at 9:54 AM, szav said:

Hmm...I'm not sure which is worse.  CGCs mistake, or CCs willingness to let this go to auction as is...

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=849526

hor1.175a.jpg

Also, holy amped scan Batman.  That's the most electric blue label I've sever seen. :facepalm:

On 11/12/2019 at 2:19 PM, Gotham Kid said:

AC13 9.2 and AF15 8.0 first to hit 100K

Well, it looks like both of these books haven't moved up by even a single dollar since it passed the $100K mark and the restored Action 1 is now in the top spot by a long shot.

I guess everybody is probably waiting until the last week before throwing in some more bids on these books here.  hm  :taptaptap:

On 11/13/2019 at 12:44 PM, jimbo_7071 said:

Question: Would glue and/or a "very minor amount of color touch" be tolerated on blue-label books if not for the fact that so many of the Church books have amateur glue and color touch?

Answer: Not in a million years.

The CPR garbage has already gotten me to the point where I don't care about grade any more. Too many of the high grades have been manufactured.

If you buy raw, you won't see any words on the book saying it has "glue" or "color touch".    Unless words are, for some reason, of no use to you and you can or will only accept descriptions in the form of colors.