• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,122 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Timely said:
2 hours ago, nearmint said:

That Church Adventure #42 is a great book. 

I bought it directly from Pat Kochanek back in 1999.  She's a beauty!

Is it just me or scan doesn't load ?

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=854569

1 hour ago, nearmint said:
1 hour ago, Gotham Kid said:

Is it just me or scan doesn't load ?

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=854569

Some CC scans don't load for me on Firefox, but they do load on Chrome. 

adv42.jpg

Yes, I used to run one computer with Firefox and it didn't load, while my laptop with Chrome and my cellphone always loaded the images without any problems at all.  (thumbsu

Not sure why, but the problem seem to occur ONLY with the Adventure titles for some odd reason, as I believe pretty much everything else worked with Firefox.  ???

Well, it looks like a few of the big books that are scheduled to end in a few hours from now are finally starting to make a move. (thumbsu

From the current prices though, it looks like there's still a long ways to go on some of them as I imagine some bidders are waiting for the 3-minute extended bidding bell to sound before throwing in their bids.  I guess only time will tell how much more room to go there is on some of these books here.  hm  :taptaptap:

4 minutes ago, Howling Mad said:

$27,500 final bid. IMO the best page out of Action Comics #1.

This was previously a statement only used to describe a page of original art. :p

6 minutes ago, Howling Mad said:

This one has been quite exciting! https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=852626

$27,500 final bid. IMO the best page out of Action Comics #1.

That’s the one I bid on. It was sitting at $18k as the clock ran down. I believe there was only one other person. I dropped out at $27k and it hammered at $27.5. I believe if I’d left it alone, someone would have walked off with it at the $18k

Grrrr!

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

Just now, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

That’s the one I bid on. It was sitting at $18k as the clock ran down. I believe there was only one other person. I dropped out at $27k and it hammered at $27.5

Grrrr!

Sorry!

I saw it sitting at $18K ($18.2K?) for quite sometime and remembered thinking it was a bargain. Frankly even $27.5K isn't terrible in this market given it's 2017 hammer price.