• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,106 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, blackterror said:

How do you see what items sold for in Comicconnect Auctions after they are over?  And does anybody know what the Detective 69 sold for last night?

Just need to add the books you're interested in into your watch list and it will be stored there forever until you delete. 

Tec 69 sold for $11,200

2 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

Just need to add the books you're interested in into your watch list and it will be stored there forever until you delete. 

Tec 69 sold for $11,200

Any way to look up past sold items if *not* in your watch list? A la Heritage's site?

I'm trying to find a Hulk 1 (other guy) 9.8 from earlier this year.

2 hours ago, Dark Knight said:
5 hours ago, blackterror said:

How do you see what items sold for in Comicconnect Auctions after they are over?  And does anybody know what the Detective 69 sold for last night?

Sounds like a lot of unnecessary work here from my own personal point of view.

Wouldn't it simply be a lot easier to save all of CC Auction notification emails in a separate email sub-folder so you can have access to ALL of their auction listings for as long as you want, instead of saving individual watch lists?  :gossip:

For example, this particular listing for 'Tec 69 was included with links to all of the other individual listings for the books from Catman to Gangsters & Gun Molls (Part 1/2) that was sent out back on November 18th.  I've got my sub-folder for all of the CC auction links back as far as several years ago. (thumbsu

55 minutes ago, manetteska said:

Any way to look up past sold items if *not* in your watch list? A la Heritage's site?

They do have a "Sold Items" icon on the left hand side of their Home page which you can click onto and then do a search for previous sales by individual books.  :gossip:

The only problem is that although they have over 61,000 items listed, it appears that they have fallen behind with respect to maintaining this database.  Especially since virtually all of the auction sales during the past year or two has not yet been added into this historical database of theirs.  :frown:

On 12/10/2019 at 12:51 PM, lou_fine said:
On 12/10/2019 at 12:44 PM, manetteska said:

Are consignors able to say when they want their books auctioned?

Of course they can, since the books belong to the consignors and auction sites are more than willing to bend to the wishes to the consignors just in order to get their books.  

I even personally know of one consignor who had all of his books slabbed back at the end of 2015 and then simply left them all with Heritage to auction off over the following 3 years, based upon his auction schedule that he wanted.  So yes, it's always left to the discretion of the consignors.  (thumbsu

Do you know if this is true for *all* consignors, or only the big boys?

So, knowing the stigma attached to December/Christmas auctions (or other allegedly "bad" selling times), consignors willingly decide to sell then?

1 hour ago, manetteska said:

I'm trying to find a Hulk 1 (other guy) 9.8 from earlier this year

9.8 Incredible Hulk 1 can only mean IGB recreations. Surprised they haven't yet produced a perfect 10.0. They must be holding back.

Edited by Gotham Kid

1 hour ago, manetteska said:

I assume you must be ytalking about this copy here then:

inc1.8309a.jpg

Looks like it sold for $31K back on March 13th of this past year, according to the auction link below:

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?referral=EAlist&id=756404&title=INCREDIBLEHULK

6 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Looks like it sold for $31K back on March 13th of this past year

31K !? :whatthe:

Thought you missed a point there and it was 3.1K

Edited by Gotham Kid

Can't quite figure this one out, but I guess it's a classic case of bidders not bidding on a book based upon the CGC labels:

ran1.785a.jpg

A copy of Rangers 26 with the classic GGA cover in CGC 7.0 grade going for only $902, while a significantly lower graded copy with inferior PQ managed to fetch $925 mere minutes later:  (:  :whatthe:

ran1.787a.jpg

Edited by lou_fine

19 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Can't quite figure this one out, but I guess it's a classic case of bidders not bidding on a book based upon the CGC labels:

ran1.785a.jpg

A copy of Rangers 26 with the classic GGA cover in CGC 7.0 grade going for only $902, while a significantly lower graded copy with inferior PQ managed to fetch $925 mere minutes later:  (:  :whatthe:

ran1.787a.jpg

All about the colors, mate. It’s the Fiction House way.

9 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

All about the colors, mate. It’s the Fiction House way.

Are you saying it's a case of buying the underlying book itself, as opposed to buying the CGC label.  (thumbsu

After watching the way the bidding was going, it makes me wonder if the winner of the CGC 5.5 graded copy might have simply made a mistake and threw in his $925 bid on the wrong copy of the book.  Especially since I believe the bid was at something like only $725 at the time and then it jumped to $925 just like that.  hm  (shrug)

Edited by lou_fine